January - Toward the future/Vision

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 3 239
Publish: 01/25/2020
Summary: Sick of an unknown disease which paralyse his body little by little, the second prince of Uzushio, Naruto Uzumaki, has lost interest in life until the day a pretty street-dancer makes her entrance in his bedroom and gives him hope to have the future he wants to have.

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio PierrotWords: 3 239Publish: 01/25/2020Summary: Sick of an unknown disease which paralyse his body little by little, the second prince of Uzushio, Naruto Uzumaki, has lost interest in life until the d...

Half-seated in his bed, Naruto didn't stop himself to yawn. He even didn't covered his mouth with his hand, clearly wishing to show to the people in the room that he was bored. Unable to move his body, his eyes looked outside through the window.

On the lush grass of the beautiful garden of the palace, he saw his elder brother Nagato wooing a princess from the Land of Earth while his younger brother Konohamaru ran after their dog, Kurama. He wished to be with them. He'd love to run between the hills and the trees, going faster and faster. Unfortunately, with his legs, he couldn't run, couldn't go out, couldn't walk, simply couldn't move. Jealous of the picture his brothers gave him, his cloudy eyes came back on the rope-dancer in front of him who was suppose to entertained him.

Just by the look of his eyes, Kakashi, his consuel, understood what was going to happen if that fanfare kept playing in his prince's ears. With a quick sign, he stopped everything and, while the musicien was pushed outside of the room, he called for someone else.

However, Naruto had already looked away. He was fed up of the same repetitive tricks he was watching all day long. He'd like his father to show him strategies of the wars to come. He'd like his mother to talk to him about the beautiful princesses to marry. He'd like his elder brother to stop moaching him. He'd like his little brother to not be the only one in the spotlight. He'd like not to envy his life before he discovers he was sick.

Suddenly, a scream brought his attention back in the room. Two enormous lionesses with a strange fur covered of soot had just entered his bedroom. Free like the air, they smelled every domestics. Meanwhile, Kakashi demanded not move and to protect the prince who - free from the wild beasts' look which petrified everyone - noticed that one of them carried a large box.

Avoiding all the bodyguards around the bed, this female put its paws on the edge of the mattress and, suddenly, came close to Naruto. Quaking with fear, he crawled backwards in his bed while the others were blocked by the other animal. But, at the same moment the first lioness was showing its big sharp teeth at only a few inch from the prince's face, confetti exploded and every tensed person jump in fear.

A sweet melody became louder, freezing the lionesses like a snake charmer would do with his snakes. Speechless, he saw a young girl getting out of the box in front of him. The music stopped while she was stretching her arms, never letting him go from her gaze. She suddenly dampened her red lips with her tongue before bringing her transverse flute to her mouth again.

At that moment, the melody of before came back and the lioness got down from the bed, leaving Naruto with a crazy heartbeat. It has been a while since he felt that feeling and before his servants could do something, he held his hand in the air to order them not to move.