July - Movie inspired

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 1 970
Publish: 07/08/2020
Summary: They thought eveything was over, but here they are in the middle of another mess.

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio PierrotWords: 1 970Publish: 07/08/2020Summary: They thought eveything was over, but here they are in the middle of another mess

Naples, Italy

Looking at the pictures on the wall, Hinata told herself that, she was maybe the only one able to make the difference between Naruto's blue eyes and Menma's.

Or should she say, Clone 2.0.

However, for her, he wasn't a clone. His greasy, dull hair, the stupidity in his gaze and the lack of expressions couldn't be compared to her husband's soft and thick hair, bright eyes and genuine smile.

Yet...

There's a time where Naruto had that same mask...

Biting her thumb, Hinata kept staring at her attacker. She could still feel his weight pin her hips, his rough hands on her shoulders and above all, the heat of the pillow on her face.

Instantly, her breathing raced. The more the other night's events flashed before her eyes, the wetter they became. The room became too small. She couldn't focus on the picture anymore. Her desire to get out choked her. Her heart was beating fast, too fast-

Immediately, his hand caught hers.

Hinata emerged from her panic attack to find her one and only support. Naruto laced their fingers to pull hers away from her lips, a fake upset look on his face.

"You promised to not do that anymore."

With her eyes, she followed his lips kiss the back of her hand. His fingers caressed her knuckles. She didn't even realise how tense they were until now. At a slow pace, his thumb traced circles on her palm. Naruto was giving her an anchor point to escape her dark thoughts.

Facing her lack of reaction, he raised one of his blond brows. He still had some plasters on his right cheek and brow bone but overall, his face already healed well.

As always, he managed to prevent the worse case scenario...

She tightened their hand holding to remind herself that he was here, with her.

"Wanna visit Naples after?" he proposed in a low voice. "Did you know Naples was in a partnership with Kagoshime-shi?"

It's her hometown so, of course she knew. He was just trying to distract her. Because, he knew her too well to know, in on look, that she would have prefered to be anywhere else than be sitting in a room belonging to the Secret Services.

She nodded anyway to continue the discussion.

"Hey, do you know what we can see in Naples?"

"There's museums, theaters-"

His chin in his palm, he snorted. As soon as she heard him, she felt better. Unlike that cold and unknown environnement, she was familiar with that sound. And it both squeezed and warmed her heart up.