June - Honor/Sacrifice

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 2 000
Publish: 06/12/2020
Summary: Under duress, Naruto and Hinata are married for better, for worse...
Author's Note: Thanks to Hippyredfox who really helped me on this short story.

It was during a spring afternoon, in a Chateau reminding the French elegance, surrounded by its flowery garden, that the Hyuuga property was lively by an long-awaited event

It was during a spring afternoon, in a Chateau reminding the French elegance, surrounded by its flowery garden, that the Hyuuga property was lively by an long-awaited event. Under the white decor garnished with lilies, roses and lilacs enhancing the Renaissance building, an umpteenth weeding was taking place. Tradition demanded that every Hyuuga descendant pronounce their vows on the hectares of lands where their ancestors once lived.

A light gust of wind refreshed that sunny day of May. A guilty pleasure for the numerous guests already sitting on their chairs, decorating with violet silk rubans, or the others guests who kept coming under the cherry trees.

With glance at the crowd, Naruto counting the number of people he knew. Verdict, aside those sitting on the groom's side, he knew very little people. That constatation emphasised that unpleasant feeling of knotted stomach. Of course, he had to be perfect for his soon-to-be family-in-law. A smile, a good posture, he was neat and tidy; The perfect man.

Because he couldn't play with one lock of his golden hair, he discreetly pulled on his burgundy silk bow tie which was the final touch to his tuxedo.

Hopefully, the soft and kindly look of his mother put him at ease. Since little, her blue iris calmed, encouraged him in his evolution, marking the end of his childhood and the beginning towards the life of a responsible young man.

On the other hand, his father look was straight, hostile and impenetrable. Minato Namikaze was what was called: success. Never did a wrong step, he demanded that his son follows the same path and respects the legacy hardly built by their family as well. Despite his authority, Naruto couldn't help but admire him. Man feared in the business world since he was twenty yet, he was a lovely husband to Kushina and a good father of his two sons. Minato inspired respect, an example for his elder son so different than him.

Naruto was a child who always had his head in the clouds, like his mother when she was young. Wishing to live on love alone, he wasn't a competitor, a contentious. He liked simple things. Unfortunately his statut, his objectifs and his parents' pride about him made him surrender to one requirement; marriage. Barely adult, engagement was scary.

Fortunately, one detail revived his heart. The one and only woman who gave him butterflies in his stomach, who made him believe in the same love his parents had, was marrying him.

Hinata.

Long before their births, their family were company associates, working together. Consequence, Naruto and Hinata knew each other since childhood. He will always remember his first impression of her. Under her appearance of fragile, innocent little girl, he had been struck by her beautiful gaze tinted with soft lavender colour. They were frank, straight and determined. No fears. No hesitation.