June - Honor/Sacrifice

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 1 554
Publish: 06/30/2020
Summary: Under duress, Naruto and Hinata are married for better, for worse...
Author's Note: Thanks to Hippyredfox who really helped me on this short story.

The sun was shining in the cloudless sky during that fine spring afternoon. The ice-cream man displayed his best flavours. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, lemon, salted caramel... A colourful array to attract gourmand children.

The line was rather long and it will be soon longer.

"Dad! Dad! I want ice cream, please! Please, can we have some ice cream?"

"Me too! Me too! I want chocolate!"Himawari gestured with her arms. "A lot, a lot of chocolate."

How can you say 'no' to those begging eyes full of innocence when you're such a soft touch with your children?

Identical pupils as their father were sparkling with the same intensity he had at their age.

A sigh was heard next to him. He looked at the person who was looking at him with amusement. In a beautiful purple dress, her hair was now at shoulder-length, Hinata crossed her arms on her chest and raised an eyebrow before a confused Naruto.

"I know you. I'll say 'yes' as soon as I have left."

"They will never let go, and you know it."

After all, everyone would say 'yes' to two lovely children with a few teeth missing.

By the way, he had to remember that the fairy tooth was supposed to come tonight while they're asleep.

"On Monday, they have PE, it's swimming, and then-"

"I know Hinata, it's music, I've marked it in the calendar."

"Oh and Himawari is having nightmares sometimes, you won't forget to-"

"Bedtime story. The one about the Sandman, I already know."

She nodded, completely anxious about leaving for some good, long holidays as lovers with Ino. Well, 'long' was a bit much. But for Hinata, be away from her children more than five days was nerve-racking.

"Oh! And Boruto teddy bear, it's-"

"In the boot of my car, don't worry."

Because of his anticipation, she smiled, touched.

Yes, dads too could be organised!

"You know you don't have to worry, everything will be fine."

"I'm sorry. I know you always take good care of them." she apologised as she patted his hand.

However, Naruto could clearly see she was still biting her lower lip.