July - Movie inspired

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 1 886
Publish: 07/23/2020
Summary: Naruto and Hinata are on the verge of knowing the truth. It's the beginning of the end.

From outside, the building they parked in front of looked like a normal orphanage

From outside, the building they parked in front of looked like a normal orphanage. A vast garden. A play area. A big house bathing in the sunlight. And despite the Akatsuki's arrest, everything was still in good condition.

A detail Naruto and Hinata didn't fail to notice.

All the wooden floorboards on the porch floor were cleaned. Regularly and with care, Hinata noticed as Naruto ignored the 'private property' sign and pushed the door open to enter the building with caution. Conscious they were setting foot on the enemy's territory.

From the floor to the ceiling, the interior was in redwood. The hall was huge. Framed drawings made by children decorated the walls. Not a single speck of dust was lying on the ground. And once things were clear, it wasn't the squatters which would take care of the place they live in.

At that thought, Hinata felt her hair stand on end. She looked over her shoulder.

Everything was calm. Too calm.

Seriously. They were one of the most powerful organisations and they didn't have an alarm to indicate them someone was breaking in?

It's too good to be true.

She came closer to Naruto, letting her eyes analyse the surroundings. Despite the cleanliness of the place, the atmosphere wasn't pleasant at all. On the contrary. All the doors were opened. Of course, it was intentional. And now out of reach of the sun warmth, the atmosphere was gloomy, cold and not welcoming.

Hinata knew what they were looking for. Or rather, who they were looking for. Yahiko, the Akatsuki leader. The thinker of the Biju program who had been put where he couldn't hurt anyone. According to Kakashi.

But, Menma. The Secret Services' behaviour. The two men in the car. Yahiko's clone. All of that wasn't random.

Naruto and Hinata then concluded that the program had been working again. Worse, it had maybe never stopped completely.

That's why, they kept walking deeper and deeper into the house's depth since everything was hidden from the visitor's eyes. Obviously.

Unfortunately, with the clones and the Akatsuki members potentially free, they didn't know how many enemies they will run into. So, at every door, they would stop, listen and look at the dark corners. Naruto was so tensed that Hinata was afraid his muscles failed him at the moment he would need them.

Quietly, they passed the living room, the launderette and the kitchen. All the rooms were in a irreproachable condition. As if the building had never been closed by the Secret Services.

They could almost hear the childish laughs echoed in the inconfortable silence.

Finally, they entered the dining room. Another huge room with dozens of long tables, all surrounded by children-sized chairs and covered by tablecloths without a single stain of mould.