tanjiro and muzan

Muzan didn't know what to do with the child; he decided to take the child and had no idea how to look after one, Muzan could leave the child with one of his upper moons, but after thinking about that idea he decided it would cause more trouble and most likely end up with the child dead.

"I guess I'll look after you" tanjiro stared at him and gave him a big grin and babbled to Muzan as if talking back to him, Muzan listened to what tanjiro had to say and after he finished "talking" Muzan replied "is that so". Tanjiro giggled and continued to babble on. Muzan watched the child with curiosity, he had never been close to a child so young before so he continued to learn from tanjiro, how young children tended to act, and it seemed that his upper moons act similar to tanjiros age then hundreds of years old.

Tanjiro crawled along the floor towards the toys picking up two of the dolls he brought them back to Muzan and placed one in his lap, Muzan stared at the doll before looking at tanjiro, " what is this for" he asked the small child. Tanjiro smiled and started to babble again but this time he waved his arms around with the doll before stopping and looked towards Muzan with an expecting gaze. Muzan picked up the doll and waved it around like tanjiro did. The child clapped his hands together and started playing with the doll again trying to get Muzan to interact in the game.

Muzan started to play with the boy deciding it would be easier to go along with the Childs wishes then to cause another tantrum, soon hours had gone by and they were still playing their game of dolls however it seemed that tanjiro was starting to get less energetic and soon the child had fallen asleep on muzans lap. Muzans gaze softened as he stared down at the child. this child is going to need a lot of attention, thought Muzan still watching tanjiro sleep, I'm going to need to get someone who will be able to be with him and keep him company while myself or the moons are away to look after him.

Muzan began thinking of the demons that would be best for this job, while nakime would be the best at looking after tanjiro she wouldn't be able to look after him fully, as she needs to concentrate on the fortress. Muzan couldn't think of a demon, so he decided to leave this thought till a later date. Muzan know he couldn't let just anyone look after the child it would end up in disaster either with the demon losing control and eating the child or tanjiro not taking a liking to the demon. He seemed to a sense when it came to demons depending on the demon tanjiro would either refuse to go anywhere them or wouldn't leave their side seeking attention from them. Akaka seemed to be tanjiros favourite moon, no matter how much akaza ignored tanjiro he kept going back to him and would refuse to let go of Akaka at times. Muzan believed that due to Akaka giving tanjiro the attention he craved when he was younger he grew clingy to whoever gave it to him.

Muzan was recommended to allow the boy to play with other children his age, however there was one problem, there was no children awake during the evening that tanjiro could play with, Muzan had changed taniros day routine to a night routine, so that it was easier to look after the boy and allow the upper moons to train him during the night.

Tanjiro hasn't spoken yet but that was a only a matter of time before he starts to speak and Muzan was looking forward for this, he was sick of playing charades just to work out what tanjiro wanted, however it was quite easy to see what tanjiro wanted at time because he was like an open book.

Muzan scooped tanjiro off his lap and gently carried him to his bed, removing the covers and placing the Childs head on the pillow and placed the covers over the child to keep him warm. He watched tanjiro sleep for a couple of moments and decided he would catch up on some of his work, he silently walked over to his desk and sat down, he proceeded to go through the paper work left behind for him to read, most of the information placed on muzans desk was about the demon slaver corps, Muzan needed to make a plan to take down the demon slayers because they were always getting in the way of his plans. It didn't help that the upper moons were too lazy t go and kill the slayer, only choosing to fight them when they came across one.

If Muzan could get tanjiro to successfully wield a sword he could have the child work under cover and gather Intel, this would be a great way to bring the corps down. Muzan looked over to tanjiro; his child has huge for the future of demons and Muzan hoped that tanjiro would be on his side.

Muzan won't let his child go easily and he'll make sure that tanjiro will have a good childhood before so that his future will be by Muzans side. The boy will not be taken away from him by the demon corps and he will make sure that tanjiro won't be weak and will be able to defend himself.