the water pillar

It was quite a few days before tanjiro had made it to his next destination and he still had to find his new partner he was supposed to be working with. Nezuko sat quietly in her box making it look less suspicious for tanjiro to be walking around with a demon. He hoped that the other slayer wouldn't be able to sense the demon otherwise it would get messy real quickly, tanjiro didn't feel like killing anyone today.

He eventually came across another slayer, a tall young man with medium-length, messy black hair tied back into a low ponytail. He has thin eyebrows and sharp, dark blue eyes.wearing the standard black Demon Slayer's uniform along with a haori with two different patterns: one solid red and one geometrically patterned with green, orange, and yellow. He seemed to always wears a serious expression on his face, with a reserved personality and a strong sense of justice with no tolerance.

Tanjiro's father might be interested in the man had he not been a demon slayer. His father always seemed to have a difficult time with slayers that turned into demons, they would often resist and make it difficult. It often lead to a very painful death when his father was found them a waste of space.

"Hello" tanjiro smiled at the slayer "are you Tomioka Giyu?" Asks tanjiro
Putting up innocent face. Better to act friendly towards your enemy before striking them down he thought.

Giyu stood silently looking down at tanjiro. He towered over tanjiro small frame.

"Why did they send me a child, where is the demon slayer i am supposed to work with? How.about you stop your game and go home, i am pretty your parents will be worried about you"

"Im the slayer they sent, sorry that im  too young by your standards but im here to help" he sneered at the slayer not impressed by his rude attitude towards him if it was his father he would be dead before he finished speaking.

The slayer stared unimpressed, it seemed that they were not going to get along.

Tanjiro began to walk ahead of the new slayer deciding it was best to just complete the mission and then never needing to see him again, hopefully he might get a more sociable slayer to work with next time.

The slayer watched as he walked off not moving from his spot. His hand reached for his sword before pausing and started to follow tanjiro. 

The villagers  whispered and pointed at the silent slayer behind tanjiro, shuffling away from him as he walked by. It seemed that he made a bad impression on them which was surprising considering he simply stared down at you, it would make anyone nervous around him plus with his sword he might attack them. The villagers were like sheep flocking together in groups to keep them save but the thing is demons preferred having a group of humans to eat rather then one. The loners are more likely to survive then those idiots. It soon became dark and tanjiro began to get hungry looking around he spotted a udon cart and quickly walked over to order a bowl, it was best to eat early before fighting any demons besides who could resist a bowl of udons they were simply wonderful. Tomioka Giyu also ordered a bowl of udons, the owner taken back by his blunt personality. Geez i bet this guy doesn't have any friends with how he acts thought tanjiro as he watched the interactions of the slayer, it was kind of sad to watch as everyone avoided him and refused to talk to him. How did he manage to because a demon slayer with his bad social skills.

As tanjiro sat down to eat he could smell the scent of the demon nearby but ignored it as he finished his udon. The older slayer didn't know of his heightens sense of smell so it was alright to pretend the demon wasn't there.  

Nezuko shifted in her box making a small noise as she did so. Giyu paused and looked at the box, tanjiro moved nezukos box closer out of the reach of  giyu's path he wasnt about to let his only family left die because a stupid slayer heard her shift inside a box. Not only was it incredible stupid was to die it would mean all nezukos training would be wasted. His father would not just let tanjiro go without some sort of protection.

"Whats in the box" asked giyu his eyes narrowing as he stared down at tanjiro waiting for an answer

"Its called none of your business" replied tanjiro, he didn't like that giyu was quickly figuring out that nezuko was in the box and that she was a demon.

"Lets stop wasting time and kill this demon" insisted tanjiro standing up and placing nezukos box on his back. He stopped to wait for giyu before starting to sniff to smell if the rogue demon was nearby. He didn't want to be here any longer and he also needed to visit his "mother" after his mission, she didn't like it when tanjiro was gone for too long. It was great the the city was close by.

Ahead of them was the demon they were supposed to kill, once the demon saw tanjiros face he stilled and started to shake in fear. It seemed he recognised me. His father loved to threaten his demons especially about not hurting me. It seemed that his threats would now cause a problem for tanjiro especially with other demon slayers.