rest

Tanjiro was tired from the fight. He was forcing his eyes to stay open. He should have rested when traveling to the village. He wouldn't be tired if he had just rested otherwise he would be wide awake. He was used to staying up all night and sleeping during the day.

Tanjiro felt quiet lonely now that he was on his one with nezuko. It was strange to be way from his father and the upper moons, tanjiro missed them greatly. This would be the first time being apart from them for a long period of time. It was too quiet. There was always a lot of noise in the infinity fortress especially with douma around. He was always annoying akaza, this often led to lots of arguing between the pair. Often tanjiro would sit next to nakime and
kokushibou, watching as the fought. It was always entertaining to watch the pair.

kokushibou was more quiet and often kept to himself. Tanjiro found that once you got to know him better he would start to open up. He seemed to have a soft spot for tanjiro. He found it confusing and questioned his father about it once the others had left. His father had stilled for a moment before turning and walked up to him.
"You remind kokushibou of his brother"
Tanjiro had never realized that they both looked similar and found it made sense that they could possibly be related. 

Tanjiros thoughts had gone off track and he hasn't gotten any further finding some where to sleep. He could see the sun beginning to rise over the horizon, as a new day was about to begin. Tanjiro left the village and began to look for a nearby inn. He didn't like the village and found that the villagers were quite rude

Tanjiro had stopped out a house with big gates, pausing for a moment to catch some rest before he continued his journey. Before he could begin to walked again the gates was suddenly opened and a old lady walked out. She quietly walked to up to tanjiro.

"Welcome to the wisteria house, young demon slayer come in and have a rest"

Tanjiro stared at the lady confused, why would she let a stranger into her house?

"We have food and a bed you can rest in"

"Excuse me miss, why are you letting me into your home?" Asked tanjiro

"My family was saved from demons by the demon slayers, so we offer our help to any passing demon slayer" replied the woman.

Now come along you look like you could do with some sleep and a good meal. At this point tanjiro was ready to pass out after going 3 days without sleep. She led him into an empty room with a futom. You may rest there and when you wake up i shall prepare you a meal. She bowed before closing the door and leaving tanjiro along to rest.

Tanjiro placed nezukos box down and changed into the clothing placed on top of the futon. He folded his clothing and placed it next to nezuko's box and got under the covers of the futon.  It didn't take long for tanjiro to fall asleep.

When tanjiro woke up the sun was up. It looked like his clothing had been washed and placed down next to him. How long had he been asleep for? He must have been really tired to sleep so long without waking. Nezuko's box was still where he left it, this meant that she was still sleeping as well. He found that nezuko would often sleep after being awake for a couple of hours, father was quite interested to find out why she slept so often considering that she was a demon, they didn't need to sleep because their bodies never become tired.

Tanjiro quietly slipped into his demon slayers uniform and haori, he didn't want to wake his sister up while she slept and crept out the room. The old lady was waiting in the garden. She smiled at tanjiro.

" i thought you would never wake up!"

"How long was i asleep for?" Asked tanjiro now looking embarrassed for sleeping so long.

"You been asleep for 2 days"

Tanjiro's eyes widened  at the information at what she had told him, he wasn't expecting for her to say that. He merely thought he had sleep for a day not two. He hoped he didn't have a new mission while he slept that would be bad considering he had just started as a slayer and he needed to gather the information for his father, he couldn't let him down. His father was depending on him to get this information, so that he would finally have a way to stop the demon slayers from spoiling his plans.

"Stay here, for a moment i will bring you some food."

Now that she mentioned it, he was rather hungry, he forgot to eat on the way to the village too focused on the task he was given. He often forgets to get enough sleep and eat often due to living with moons. They never ate regularly nor did they sleep. He was often reminded that he needed to do this by his father. 

The lady came back a few minutes later with a bowl of udon and placed it in front of him before leaving him to eat his food alone. He picked up the bowl and ate. He soon finished the bowl and was relieved to find he didn't feel so hungry anymore. It was soon starting to get dark and he decided it would be best to keep moving on now.

He found the lady and thanked her for her kindness in letting him rest and providing him with food. He walked back into the room and picked up nezuko's box now ready to set off again and find information for his father, he hoped that he wouldn't have to be away from his family for long because he would prefer not having to travel all the time and would rather stay in one place without worrying when the next time he would be sleeping in a bed.

Tanjiros crow landed on his arm and clawed at his sleeves not impressed by his break.

"You have to join the water pillars mission" it spoke. A pillar thought tanjiro, he got excited when he heard this, finally! He would get some info and could tell his father.