Chapter 14

When she arrived home, there were four police cars out front, and her uncle and cousins were headed to one of them.

Her uncle saw her and headed to her.

"Tracy, is it true?" he said, "that the mafia wants me to finish that invention?"

"Yes uncle, it is true, that is why you guys have to leave," she told him.

"Where are you going to stay?" he asked her.

"I am leaving also Uncle Scott. I have some leads."

"Will I see you anytime soon?"

"I am not sure uncle, but as soon as this is over, yes."

"I hope it ends soon, I thought it was all over when you caught Roger."

"He was only the beginning. We were dealing with small-time stuff when it came to Roger. He was dealing with the big time stuff and we didn't realize it."

"You will be careful?"

"As careful as I can. You three take care of yourselves," she said, hugging him.

She then walked to John and Harv and hugged them. "Take care of your dad," she told them.

"We will," John promised. "And you be careful."

"I will, I will see you guys soon," she promised.

"You had better," Harv told her. "We don't want to find out on the news that you really are dead."

"That is not going to happen. I am being a lot more careful this time."

"But you are dealing with the mafia," John frowned, "they are seriously dangerous."

"I won't be doing this alone John. When it comes time to take them down, I will have lots of help."

"You had better," he told her and hugged her fiercely. "Take care."

"I will,  love you guys," she said, getting teary-eyed. She turned away so they wouldn't see the tears, and headed to the house.

They were gone when she walked back out with her suitcase.

When she showed back up to the precinct, Grey was waiting for her.

They met in the chief's office.

"Okay you two, there are two hotel rooms for you just across the street from the police department in Tacoma."

He handed Tracy a credit card. "This is for food, car rental, and any other expenses incurred."

"Thanks, Chief," she said, tucking it into her pocket.

"You two be careful," he told them, "I want my best officers home in one piece."

"Yes sir," she nodded at him. Grey nodded also.

"Is the plane ready?" she asked her chief.

"Yes, Val was extremely glad to hear that you were alive. He told me to tell you to call him," he grinned.

"Like that's going to happen," she grinned back.

He just shook his head. "Another thing, when you have this guy in custody, call Paxton."

He handed her a card. "He wants to be there when you interrogate him, so they can get that sonar back before the mafia gets hold of it."

"Will do boss," she nodded and tucked the card into her pocket.

"Also, the Police Chief in Washington will be awaiting your arrival. He wants the whole rundown. I explained very little to him, so he wants the story."