Chapter 18

Tracy didn't wake up until she felt nice warm lips on hers. She opened her eyes to stare into dark brown ones. Craig was lying by her side. He was dressed and shaved. He smelled good.

"Good morning my love," he told her, kissing her nose.

"Good morning," she said sleepily and cuddled closer to him.

He laughed and pushed her away. "Come on, you need to get up and get showered and dressed, we have a flight, remember?"

"I know, but I like being right here with you," she said.

He grinned. "I do too, and when we are married we can spend many mornings like this, I promise, but for now, we need to get moving."

"Fine," she grumbled, but kissed him and got out of bed.

He watched her progress to the bathroom. She was one sexy lady. Even in the morning.

When she got out, he had breakfast waiting for them, and Grey had joined them.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Grey asked her as she walked out into the main room.

"Sore," she said, as she sat down at the table.

Craig handed her a plate heaped with food.

"I am sure you will be for a few days," Grey nodded. "I talked to the chief a few minutes ago," he then told her.

She looked up at him. "And?"

"They are taking your uncle out of protective custody."

"That is good."

"And, I told him the story. He had already heard it from Craig's boss," he said, looking at Craig.

"He wants us home as soon as we are done, he says that you are too good to be on his team, and he recommended that you go work with the FBI," he said.

"He said that?" Tracy looked at him in surprise.

"No," Grey laughed, "I told him that. I know that you and Craig can't be separated, and so I asked the chief."

"You didn't," she said, getting upset.

"Tracy, don't you want to work with Craig?" Grey asked, seeing her face.

"Yes, but I wanted to talk to the chief about that, not you," she pouted.

"I am sorry. And besides, I wasn't the only one who suggested it," he said, looking at Craig.

She turned to him. "You asked too?"

"Yes, love. I talked to your chief also, and my chief talked to him also. We all want you working for the FBI."

"I hate desk jobs," she muttered.

Craig laughed. "This will definitely not be a desk job. My boss wants us to be on the special task force team. He wants us to lead it, actually," he stated.

She looked up at him. "Really?"

"Yes, really," he grinned. "He wants me to call him later with an answer."

"You want me to work with you?"

"I would love to have you work with me, besides, someone needs to keep an eye on you," he teased. "You are always causing so much trouble."

She glared at him, and he smiled to show he was teasing. He pulled her to him and kissed her.

"Now hurry, we have a plane to catch," he told her.

"Fine," she sighed and ate her breakfast.

As soon as they were done, Tracy grabbed her suitcase and they headed outside where a taxi was hailed for them and they were taken to the airport.