Chapter 15

Grey pulled back into the hotel parking lot and headed up the stairs with the box. Tracy put it into her safe in her room, and then the two met for dinner. There was a restaurant downstairs, just off the lobby.

They enjoyed a quiet dinner until Grey's phone rang. He answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey chief," he said, "yes, things have been quite productive today," he grinned, "I will let Tracy tell you all about it," he said, and handed over the phone.

"Our Chief?" she whispered.

He nodded.

Tracy took the phone, and standing, she headed out the door.

"What do you want to know Chief?"

"Did you find him?"

"Yes sir, but we let him go."

"Why?" he asked, "he is vital to our bringing down the others."

"I know that sir, but don't worry, we have a little agreement. He is going to exchange the item with some friends this weekend, and we will be in on it."

"Are these friends, the mafia?" he asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Tracy, you could get yourself killed."

"Sir, I will be careful. I will call Paxton later and have him and his men be there as a backup."

"Do you know where the item is?"

"Yes sir, we do, and as of right now it is incapacitated."

"You destroyed it?"

"No sir, just put it out of working order."

"So, you have it then?"

"Yes sir, but our friend will have it back by this weekend so he can exchange it."

"Good. Call Paxton and let him know what is going on."

"I will," she promised.

"Good, call me before this whole thing goes down, tell me what's going on, and then afterward, I want to know that you made it out alive."

"I will sir," she acknowledged.

"Good work young lady, I knew you would find him. I will talk to you later."

"Yes sir," she said, and hanging up, she headed back inside, and handed the phone to Grey.

"He okay?"

"Yes, he's fine. I told him a bit about what we would be doing this weekend."

"And?"

"He said to make sure we call Paxton."

"We will. Did you tell him about what happened today?"

"Some of it, not everything."

"I take it you left out the shooting part," he grinned.

"Of course," she smiled back, and then looked up at the waiter as he brought them dessert.

"Thank you," she told him.

"You are most welcome miss," he grinned at her. "Anything else?"

"No, that is all right," she told him.

The waiter then handed Grey the check. "I will be your cashier," he told him, then walked away.

"How come they always assume that we guys will pay for dinner?" Grey asked as Tracy pulled out the credit card.