Chapter16

She was the one who woke up Grey the next morning. She knocked on the door that adjoined their rooms. He groggily answered it in nothing but pajama bottoms. She grinned at him but didn't stare at his bare chest. Sure, he was nicely built, but Craig had her heart, not this man.

"Hey sleepyhead, it's after seven, get dressed. I will call room service for breakfast, then I am calling Paxton and having him meet us here."

"Good idea, give me a few," he yawned and then closed the door.

He opened it a moment later and stared at her. "You dyed your hair red," he accused her.

She grinned. "Glad you noticed, now go get dressed," she said, and turned to the phone to order room service.

He shook his head and closed the door again.

When he walked next door a few minutes later, breakfast had just shown up. "This smells good," he said, helping himself to his plate of food.

"I wasn't sure what you liked, so I ordered everything," Tracy told him from the table, where she was eating.

"Don't worry, I will eat it all," he told her.

"Yes, I am sure you will," she told him.

"So why the red hair?" he asked as he sat down.

"Because I am Wang's girlfriend," she said, imitating the woman perfectly.

"No, Tracy, that is crazy."

"So you say, and you haven't even heard my plan."

"I don't think I want to," he said, shaking his head.

"Whatever," she said. "Hand me your phone, I need to call Paxton."

He nodded and handed it over.

She dialed his number, and he answered on the first ring.

"Paxton."

"Hey Paxton, it's Tracy."

"Hey detective, so found out anything?"

"Yes, and we need to meet. We need to discuss some things."

"Fine, where do you want to meet?"

"Here in Tacoma, Washington."

"We are already here."

"I thought as much. So come over to our hotel."

She gave him the address. "Can you meet us within the hour?"

"We will head there now."

"Who is we?"

"A few agents."

"Fine, but don't tell them who I am, just tell them you are meeting with Grey and his new partner, he is helping me on this case."

"Fine, we will be there soon," he said and hung up.

"What are you up too?" Grey asked her.

"You'll find out soon enough."

Grey just shook his head. "Sometimes, Tracy, I wonder about you," he chuckled, and standing put both of their plates on the cart, then pushed the cart into the hallway.

They only had to wait about ten minutes before a knock sounded on the door.

Grey answered it and let Paxton in with two other agents. They were all in polo's and dockers but had guns strapped to their sides.

"Oh, let's be inconspicuous, shall we?" Tracy said, shaking her head at them.

"FBI is never inconspicuous," Grey told her, as he closed the door behind the men. He then looked at Paxton. "Agent, this is detective Amanda Brickman," he said, making it up as he went. "She is here to help me with this case."