~ Chapter 28 ~

Hello everyone,

Halfway done through midterms, and I had a bit of extra time, so here you go! Another update!! ALSO, how the hell did I get 118,000 views? How did that happen????? Ahhhhh I'm so happy!! :))

Enjoy the chapter!

Breezebane

I didn't even have enough time to take in a full breath of New York City's polluted air before Natasha started running at me and Captain America decided on throwing his shield right at my face, as I had predicted. I let my spidey sense guide me as I ducked out of the way, causing the shield to hit the edge of the roof, clang on the ground, and sail through the air back towards him. 

I was happy with the fact that I wasn't smacked by a plate of vibranium, but on the more unfortunate side, Natasha was now trying to punch me in my face. I pushed my body to the right, causing her fist to meet air. She didn't seem to care that she missed her punch as she swiveled around, with one foot out ready to strike my abdomen. I jumped high, did a backflip, and landed behind her, avoiding the kick and surprising her. 

I sent two webs at her, causing her arms to stick to her sides as she turned to face me. I was about to cover her with more webs when I heard a loud sound. 

"Iron-man to your left!" Ned yelled in my earpiece, reminding me that he was here and seeing everything.

My spidey sense, at the same time, warned me to duck. A yellow ball of energy flew over my head and hit the roof, causing it to crack into pieces and shudder. Sheesh, and here I thought they wanted me alive.

I wasn't lost in my thoughts for too long as Captain America was coming over for round two.

His shield was strapped to his arm as he swung it down on me. I put my forearm up to meet his shield, and it bounced off my arm with a clang. Ow. Not going to lie, that hurt. He tried to punch me, but I gripped his arm mid-air and kicked his right knee, causing him to drop and kneel in front of me. I lifted my arm to send a web at him to keep him down, but Iron-man had a different idea of what would happen next. 

Iron-man lifted his repulsors, and I would have loved to move out of the way, but Cap reached out a hand and grabbed my arm. I tried to tug out of his grip, but he was too strong and I didn't have enough time to make him release it. A beam fired right into my side, causing me to yelp in pain and pitching me off the roof as Cap finally let go. 

"Shit!" Ned exclaimed as he saw me plunge off the building with no control of my fall. The pain on my side from the energy beam was too great of a distraction as I flailed through the air. 

A sense of doom fell upon me as my mind realized that I didn't have enough time to shoot a web and pull myself up. As I descended to the ground, I landed hard on my legs and feet on the concrete street, a painful groan escaping my mouth. The impact sent shocks of pain up arms and legs, causing me to flinch and drop to the floor.

Ned said, "Peter, you've got to stand up. They're going to come after you!" 

"Working on it," I winced as I climbed up to my feet, dusting off some dirt that had ended up on me when I was on the dirty ground. My hands were bleeding slightly from the pebbles that I landed on. Looking up, I finally noticed a pair of yellow lights that got closer with an accompanying squeal of tires that fought against the pavement. My spidey sense screamed at me to move out of the way. Too bad I miscalculated how hurt I was from the beam and fall. I tried to get out of the way. I really did, but I needed more time, time that I did not have.

"Good god!" Ned yelled, terrified of what he could see would happen.

The car collided into my side. As it rammed into my poor body, I flew back a couple of steps, making me roll on the ground multiple times before coming to a stop. A loud groan came out of my mouth. This sucked, big time. I felt scratches from the rough pavement on my elbows and knees. I shook my head back and forth to get rid of the ache, but it only made it worse.