~ Chapter 32 ~

Is this *le gasp* an UPDATE?

ON A WEEKDAY?!!!

Yes, yes it is. This is not a dream that you're going to wake up from. 

This

is

REALITY!

I would firstly like to thank February Break, who was a HUGE help in bringing this chapter to you guys early and edited. So let's have a round of applause for February Break. 

I would also like to thank my readers for reading. You guys are doing a great job. Let's have another round of applause for you. 

And finally, a special thank you for the comments and votes! Comments make my day, though when I look at notifications and they are +100 I'm just like o h  s h i t what happened. They are all fun to read through, though now I may be replying less than I usually do because of the amount, so sorry about that...

Anyway, ENJOY!

(and if you don't, I WILL FIND YOU AND MAKE YOU ENJOY READING THIS, ALRIGHT?)

I'm kidding. If you don't enjoy it, that's okay too!

I should stop now.

Byeee.

I pushed myself to my feet, and he let me take my time, knowing it wouldn't give me an advantage in the long-run. 

I pulled my gaze up to meet his. He was dressed in camouflage again, and, per usual, wore a black mask that left his face to my imagination. 

My jaw hardened. "Zenon." I knew he was smiling under that mask. He saw the way I was slouched, vulnerable. He knew this was going to be an easy fight.

He tilted his head at the building that was still on fire beside us. "Did you like my little present for you?"

I bit out. "What present?"

"The fire." Zenon grinned. "I started it, to draw you out. And would you look at that, it worked. You're right in front of me."

My voice was level but held a menacing touch to it. "You put people in harm's way, to draw me out?"

"Oh, don't be like that, Spider-shit. Let's go to my place, shall we? I have things to discuss with you." Oh, so we were back to that nickname again. Lovely.

My fists clenched by my sides. "In your dreams, Zenon."

"Um, Peter?" I heard Ned say. "I don't think you can win this fight. You're badly injured."

I snorted. "Real great pep-talk, Ned."

"Who are you talking to?" Zenon asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"My imaginary friend." I saw the firefighters keeping their distance. The dog and the kid were gone. At least nobody will get hurt. This was going to end up in a fight, and I wanted to be the one who had their hit in first. 

While he was still squinting in confusion at me, probably wondering if I had gone insane from all the smoke that had entered my lungs, I raised my hand and sent a web on his face, similarly to what I did with Mr. Stark the day before. Jumping, I did a flip in the air and landed behind him, sending a kick at his lower back. This simple move had my side already aching. He grunted at the impact and then turned around, having ripped the webbing off his eyes already. 

He laughed. "You think I'm that easy to beat?"

No, but that would have been pretty neat, though. He pulled a device out of his pocket, and I already knew what it was. I sent a web at his leg and pulled hard, causing him to lose his balance. In the meantime, I ran over to him, sent a web at the device, and tried to get my own hands on it.