~ Chapter 35 ~

Hi everyone,

So... my school has been canceled because of the coronavirus tomorrow. That's just so wild. I live in Massachusetts if you guys were wondering, and we have around 105 cases right now. Like, we are used to getting snow days, but 'disease' days? Like, whaaaat? I don't know. It's just a weird concept that I need to wrap my head around.

What about you guys? How are your places doing right now? I know if a younger person gets the coronavirus, they'll most likely be fine because the mortality rate for younger people is very small which is the case for the majority of people reading this story. I don't think I have any 80-year-olds reading this story on Wattpad... 

Anyways, stay safe. 

Breezebane

"Hurry. The Avengers are on the way!" I heard a faint voice yell in the distance. They were probably in the adjacent room that was connected to the one I am in. I heard the creak of the door opening and another bam as it hit the wall. Footsteps approached me, and I felt a pinch at the base of my forearm. I opened my eyes and saw the doctor withdraw a needle and toss it to the ground. I would have told him that's hazardous and someone was bound to step on it, but a wave of dizziness hit me. 

The restraints were removed, and my body was lifted up. My arms were around two males who were in black uniforms and had guns attached to their hip. 

"May... May..." I whispered, looking to the room beside mine. It was empty. Where was May?

They dragged me out of the room, my feet scuffing the ground. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to make sense of what I was seeing. However, the spots dancing across my vision made it hard. 

"Stop," I croaked out and tried to move my legs and arms. It was to no avail. Whatever they hit me up with was supposed to knock me out. Being Spider-man, though, it should be out of my system faster and should affect me less. They hauled my body down a hallway, their footsteps thumping quietly and quickly on the floor. I clenched and unclenched my fists, trying to gain some feeling. I had to overpower them. I had to...

"Peter!" I heard a voice yell out, and I tried to move my head to find the source of the voice. "Let me go! Don't you dare hurt him! Don't you dare hurt him!"

I looked to the right and saw a hallway connecting with this one. May was struggling in someone's grasp, trying to get them off of her. I saw a person in a uniform to her right draw out his gun and point it at her.

"She's not worth it."

No. No! 

A surge of adrenaline hit me, burning my veins as blood rushed through them. I hooked my foot around the person's leg to my left and pulled hard, causing him to lose balance. With my left arm dropped, I swung and punched the other guy in the face, throwing him back to the floor and effectively knocking him unconscious. I crouched and prepared to fight the first man who got back to his feet in the meantime. He started running at me again, but he tripped over his own two feet and fell to the ground. 

He bumped his head hard and then stayed on the floor. Well, that was surprisingly easy. 

"May!" I stumbled to her. I made it three steps before I fell to the ground, the world swaying around me. "May." I pushed myself to my knees and saw that the gun was pointing at me now. The man in the uniform clenched his jaw as he stared down at me. 

"Don't you dare move, or I will-"

He was cut off short by a fire extinguisher slamming into his head, effectively cracking his skull. He dropped to the floor like a discarded toy.