Bonus Chapter

Hello everyone again!

I just wanted to release this bonus chapter. It has been sitting in my drafts for probably more than a year now... so I figured, I might as well release it, cause why not?

Oh, and by the way, you guys are crazy amazing. I never thought my book would be read by so many people. Thank you sooo much!

I love reading all of your comments; it always makes my day, so I hope I can make yours with this surprise update :)

Hope you enjoy it!

"French fry? More like french die." Ned held up the tip of the french fry with two fingers, wiggling it around. Someone seemed to have forgotten to take the french fries out of the oven because the only thing the french fry could ever relate to was the crispiness of burnt toast. He took a small bite out of it and hummed. "Mmm. Charcoal. Yum. That's exactly how I like my french fries."

I scrunched up my nose, looking at my own portion of burned fries. "I think I'll take a pass."

MJ chuckled, stabbing some lettuce with her fork, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the pizza is not much better."

My pizza had some grease pooled on its cheese and pepperoni slices. I grabbed a napkin and started dabbing the grease from the top of the pizza. "School food sucks."

"Yep," MJ agreed, "That's why you go with something that is hard to mess up. Like salad." MJ frowned, reconsidering her statement. "Though, thinking back, I have found a bug before in my salad."

I pouted, giving a huff. "We really set the bar low for food at Midtown high, don't we?"

"Yeah, like floor low," Ned added, giving a disappointed sigh. 

I looked down at my pizza after throwing the napkin aside. Its condition had improved as I wiped off most of the grease, so it'll do. 

I moved to pick it up, but before I could, a loud sound that reminded me of thunder made me freeze in my chair, accompanied by a blast that shook the ground and caused me to lurch forward and grab onto the table. 

An explosion, I identified quickly, as the blast passed over us. In school?

A quick moment of silence followed, and then the screaming, hand-in-hand with chaos, began. A quick glance around the cafeteria told me that some students fell to their fight-or-flight instincts, jumping out of their seats, ditching their belongings, and sprinting out of the room towards the exit on our left. Others ducked under their table in fright. 

I turned to MJ and Ned who clambered to their feet. They waited for me to say something, knowing I would probably run towards the danger. 

"Get out of here," I told them, pointing to the exit, "Ned, get online as soon as you can!"

"Got it!" Ned said, slinging his backpack on his shoulder rather than leaving it here like everyone else was doing. He needed his computer, among other tech, to connect with me. 

MJ grabbed my hand before I could run towards the direction of the explosion. "Don't do anything stupid, Peter," MJ commanded, her brown eyes meeting my own. 

She scanned my face for sincerity as I smiled, the side of my lips tugging up. "Stupid isn't even in my vocabulary. I'll see you later, MJ."

"You better!" She pointed a finger at me. "I swear to god if you-"

"Understood! Now get out of here!" I urged, cutting her off mid-sentence. Rolling her eyes, she gave me a nod of assurance and soon ran off with Ned beside her.