𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

The next day of classes came and went, and once I returned to my dorm I remembered it was the day I had promised to meet Dallas. It had been running in my mind all day—seriously, every single class the thought of me going on a date with a boy flashed in my mind. Though it made me nervous, I realized I didn't hate the idea. I would constantly tell myself I was just having fun and messing around while I was stuck living as a girl to give myself some sort of justification for my emotions.

    I flopped down on my bed, the quick movement suddenly blowing my skirt up. I blushed, flipping it down again to cover up my panties, before once again letting my fingers slip down my skirt to feel the material once again, letting out a soft moan. I covered my mouth quickly with both hands, silently thanking the universe the other girls weren't in the room.

    As if she had read my mind, I heard the electronic lock on our door click, quickly covering my lower half up with the covers of my blanket to hide my boner. Avery then walked through the door with a smile. "Hey, Marco." She threw her room key, phone, and bag on her bed and fell on her back onto my bed beside me. I awkwardly scooted over. Personal space much? "What?" She laughed, looking at my embarrassed face. "This is just how girls are, get used to it." She then reached over and grabbed her phone, beginning to scroll through her instagram. I didn't say anything, knowing I was going to need her and Kelsey's help getting ready for my date with Dallas. I checked the time: 1:25. We had two hours until I needed to be downstairs in the lobby. I swallowed my pride and admitted to her what had happened the night of the dinner.

     "I need your help." I muttered quietly, not making eye contact.

     "Yeah sure girlie, what's up?" Avery replied without looking up from her phone. I cringed a bit at the nickname girlie, still wanting to hold on to any shred of masculinity left in me at this point.

    "I... uh... have a date. With that guy Dallas from the other night." My face flushed bright red.

     "Holy shit, really?!" Avery gasped, sitting up so fast her phone nearly flew out of her gasp. I finally turned to look at her, she seemed ecstatic. "When did you get his number?!"

    "I didn't, he asked me in person when he walked me back here." Avery beamed as I told her. At least she's supportive.

     "Of course I'll help you! Oh my god we're going to make you look irresistible for him!! We need to start now." She leapt up from the bed and grabbed my wrists, and I couldn't help from giggle at how excited she was. "Get up!" She began to lead me to the bathroom, and I climbed onto the counter, facing Avery so she could start fixing my hair and makeup. "Where are you guys going? Like what's the vibe how should you be dressed?"

     "Um, I actually don't know." I admitted. "He just told me to dress cute and meet him in the lobby at 3:30." I sighed, and couldn't help but smile as the moment replayed in my head. Avery looked shocked.

     "3:30! That's not a lot of time, you'd better start showering now, and you can use my soap if you want, it's the green and pink bottle. You'll smell so good for him." She grinned with a wink, taking off my wig before leaving me alone to shower. I stood in the bathroom alone, shocked. I couldn't believe this was actually happening, but then again, how have the past four days at all been happening?

♛ ♛ ♛

    After my shower, I sat on the bathroom counter in nothing but Avery's fluffy robe, my legs tightly crossed as not to expose anything to her as she affixed my wig to my head again, blasting some song off her phone I had never heard of.

     "It's Doja Cat!" Avery exclaimed, pinning the wig to the wig cap. I just sat staring at my reflection, clueless. "I can't believe you've never heard of Doja Cat." She muttered, shaking her head.