Recovery

Katsuki laid beside his sleeping mate, letting out a soft sigh as he ran his fingers through Izuku's green curls. It had been a few days since the incident with Shoto, and both males hadn't left Izuku's nest at all.

They hadn't mated, Katsuki didn't attempt to fuck him, nor did Izuku beg to be knotted. While their instincts were screaming at them to mate, they didn't. They couldn't. Izuku was still shaken from nearly being raped, and Katsuki didn't want to scare him.

That day made Katsuki realize just how much he loved his mate, just how precious he is to him. If he had lost him, he'd be broken. Shattered. The thought of Izuku being marked to someone else besides him made his insides churn, a sick feeling settling in his stomach.

The dual haired Alpha had been so close. His fangs were centimeters away from his scent glands, centimeters away from the spot where he could mark him and make him his. Growling at the thought, Katsuki pulled Izuku closer to him, his arm wrapped around his waist protectively.

Pressing his nose to his neck, he inhaled the sweet scent of coffee, sighing softly. Izuku stirred, sleepily opening his eyes. Yawning, he groaned, snuggling closer to his mate.

"Mm.. Kat.. "

"I'm right here, baby. Go back to sleep, it's late. "

He pressed closer against him, burying his head in the soft blankets. "Don't wanna.. "

"Baby, sleep. "

Groaning, his eyebrows knitted together, he softly whimpered. "Kat.. It hurts.. "

Frowning, Katsuki hooked his other arm around his small frame, pulling him on top of his chest. Kneading his fingers through the greenette's curls, he kissed his forehead, rubbing his hand up and down Izuku's back soothingly.

"Shhh, love, it's okay.. "

A/n I'm interrupting your story for a not so important thing I wanna say!!

I'm currently watching young & hungry while writing this, and Josh and Gabi are so fucking in love that it makes me sick, like, JUST FUCK ALREADY!!

That's all, continue.

Izuku groaned contentedly at the feeling of his mates' fingers massaging his scalp, his eyes drooping. "That's it, go back to sleep, baby. "

Once the blonde saw that Izuku fell asleep, he smiled softly, letting his own eyes flutter close.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku's heat ended the next day, earlier than usual. Neither of the two males questioned it, they just assumed it was because it wasn't a natural heat. Izuku didn't leave his nest, he stayed, curled up in Katsuki's large cape. It was comforting to him, and the Alpha's thick, smokey scent was pretty much engraved in the fabric at this point, being as he wears it so often.

Katsuki made sure to bring the Omega plenty of food and water once his heat ended, never leaving his side for too long. Katsuki didn't want to do anything that would scare him anymore than he already was, so he allowed Izuku to stay in their room, bundled in a pile of blankets.

Lying down beside his mate, he sighed, inhaling Izuku's scent deeply. It held fear, terror. Not of him, but of everyone else. Feeling the bed dip beside him, Izuku stiffened, poking his head out from under the fluffy blankets. Seeing his Alpha, he purred, snuggling closer to him and hiding his face in his chest.

Smiling softly, he placed a hand on his forehead, brushing few curls out of the way and kissing him. Izuku mewled at the affection, crawling on top of him and laying down, his ear pressed to his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Letting his eyes close, he grabbed Katsuki's hand, lacing their fingers together. "I love you, Kat."

"I love you, too, baby. "

Izuku fell asleep, the Alpha rubbing his hand with his thumb softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, the Alpha softly shook Izuku awake. Izuku pouted when he was awoken, grumbling under his breath. "C'mon, baby. Let's go to the library, yeah? "

"Can't we just stay here? "

Sighing, Katsuki placed a hand on his cheek. "You've been in here for days, you have to come out eventually. "

Huffing, he looked up at him with a defeated expression. "Fine.. "

"Good." The blonde swept Izuku into his arms, picking him up.

Izuku squealed at the sudden movements, gripping onto him tightly. After a few moments, he relaxed, wrapping his legs around his waist and laying his head on his shoulder. Katsuki walked to the library, rubbing his Omega's back as he strolled through the somewhat empty corridors.

Izuku nuzzled against him, purring softly. Chuckling lowly, Katsuki placed his hand on the dip of his back, using his other hand to open the door to the library. Closing it behind him, he placed Izuku on the one of the couches, settling down beside him.

Pulling him into his lap, he ran his fingers through his soft hair, sighing contentedly. "Kacchan."

"Yes, baby? "

"Thank you. "

Raising a brow in question, Katsuki rubbed his mates' back gently. "For what, darling? "

"For everything...For saving me, for loving someone as broken as I am, for being my mate. The list could go on.. " Izuku looked up at him, his emerald eyes staring into red ones.

Smiling, Katsuki stuffed his face in Izuku's neck, kissing his scent glands sweetly. The two stayed silent, cuddling on the couch for a while. Izuku eventually got up, grabbing a book and plopping back down into his Alpha's lap.

____________________________________

This is really short, but I couldn't think of any way to continue the plot without them having sex-- Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!! Byeeeeeeee!!! 🖤🖤🖤

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes

940 words