4

*one week later*

I'm woken by a blaring alarm. Scrambling to my feet I look for where it's coming from. I turn to the doors, they're opening as usual. A clang draws my attention to the box, and I notice that the hole is no longer empty. I cautiously inspect its contents, finding much the same supplies that were sent up with me.

"Huh," I say to myself, then go get my ladder.

By the time I've brought all the supplies up and put them away, it's getting pretty late in the day. I remember last time the box came it went away again the next day, so I wonder if it would take me. I climb down into it and sit, waiting. Nothing happens.

The doors close, still nothing. I'm getting tired.

I wait some more, still nothing.

Eventually I drift off, but when the grinding of the doors the next morning wakes me, the box still hasn't gone anywhere.

Deciding it's useless to wait for something that obviously isn't going to happen is pointless, I climb back out and go about my usual jobs, but when I come back to check on the box, it's gone.

I guess it only comes to deliver supplies then leaves, it clearly isn't an elevator.

The vegetables are starting to grow so they need more caring for now, weeding and spreading a little cow poo over them.

I milk the cow and put the milk in the little hole with a lid that I dug out, in a carton of course. I've started cooking actual food, just to make me feel less like I'm alone, somehow sitting down at a properly laid table and eating from a plate with a knife and fork then washing dishes makes me feel less lonely that tucking into a muesli bar at a fire. Although, I still sleep next to the fire.

What I really want is some company, someone to talk to. But I'm the only one. 

Hi everyone! 

Sorry for the short chapter, Ill try to do more reasonable length ones. 

xo