Chapter 8: An old acquaintance.

It was surprisingly sunny the next morning, though the weather was still quite bitter and Y/N found herself putting on double layers. 

Taehyung had left early that morning leaving Y/N a note saying,

'' Y/N, I didn't wanna wake you up so I'm leaving this little note hehe. I left around 5:00 A.M and didn't want to trouble you with driving me back so I am taking a bus!   Please dress warmly today if you plan on going out, it's really cold,''    Tae-Tae~

Y/N smiled placing the note back down on the kitchen counter. He was always so sweet. 

She didn't have work that day and only had to go work early the next afternoon either, so she decided she would treat herself today in doing a little bit of shopping and maybe going out to eat later. 

She decided to tidy up the living room first before she left, folding the couch blanket and resting it back on the couches back plumping the couches pillows, picking up some of the books Taehyung forgot to put back and placing them in their correct order. 

Her hand halted over the crimson book that was set neatly on the coffee table. Her dull eyes lighting up at the sight of it as if remembering something. 

'' That's right, ''  She mumbled to herself in half excitement and relief.

'' Maybe it will give me clues as to finding others like me, then maybe...I won't be alone anymore.'' 

She looked at her wristwatch nodding her head as she opened the books cover. It was only 9:05 A.M so she had plenty of time to read. 

Settling herself in her trusty old armchair she began to read every page she turned, her eyes scanning the pages for something, anything that might contain a clue as to where she could find others like her.  

Most of the chapters were just explaining the different kinds of wing shapes and colors and how you can tell the difference between a Dream snatcher and Dream keeper. 

Y/N was a Dream keeper just like her mother was, their role was to protect others, others dreams from the Snatchers who would replace their victim's dreams with nightmares. 

When a Dream catcher is left alone with a sleeping person they are compelled to wake them but only to the point where they were still half asleep and scare them by taking the form of their worst fears, not letting them move and making them feel like they have a heavyweight binding them. This sort of- as the people would say 'nightmare ' was eventually called sleep paralysis. 

Why Dream catchers did this, Y/N did not know and the book didn't seem to either only describing them as ugly monsters who hated the Dream keepers and humans, greedy beings who stole dreams for their selfish desires. 

'' How cruel,''     Y/N thought aloud. She kept on reading skipping over chapter four that only described how her kind kept dreams safe and what sort of light they emitted to ward off their foe.

After an hour or two of reading, she let out a defeated sigh. She hadn't found anything to give a clue to where or how she could find one of her own. 

She groaned leaning further back into the chair.    '' Why is this so frustrating!'' 

Tilting her head she held up her wrist to check the time.

11:27 A.M

Dropping her wrist she sighed and stood up stretching.

''  Today I'm supposed to be resting and not worrying, I'll read later, for now, its time to enjoy myself a little.''  She smiled putting the book back on the shelf.