An Extra Surprise

Y/n lightly placed her hand against her skin as she felt what seemed like butterflies in her stomach. She's noticed the new sensation ever since she made it to Ogura City. It was terrifying, but still a welcoming feeling. 

She sat in the middle of her bed, experiencing this moment. A sudden jolt of cold ran it's way from her fingertips to her core as she remembered she was all alone. Y/n had no one to share these moments with. That realization made times like this bittersweet and lonely.

Y/n considered what everyone would say if she wasn't alone. Giran might be excited, she assumed. He wasn't the type to get attached to anyone, but y/n was confident he wouldn't be able to resist her soon-to-be son or daughter. Y/n recalled Tomura and Kurogiri's last argument. She decided Kurogiri's reaction leaned a little more towards being upset. He clearly cared about Tomura, so she hoped Kurogiri would care about Tomura's child as well.

Her blood froze as she realized there would be no way to continue hiding just how close she and Tomura were from the rest of The League. The baby will be a huge neon sign. Undoubtedly, Himiko would be overjoyed. Though, y/n already decided Himiko isn't allowed to babysit alone. Y/n wasn't sure about the others. In fact, out of anyone, she wasn't sure how Tomura would take it.

Y/n felt the butterflies come back. "Are you a boy or a girl?" she asked. She paused and listened to the silence before deciding it didn't truly matter. 

She thought of questions that mattered far more. "What will your favorite color be? Your favorite music?" Y/n wished there was a way to find out before the baby was born. 

"We don't have a dog, but we have a Nomu. I hope that's okay with you." Y/n wondered if it was safe to keep Nobuo near the baby. He didn't do much of anything on his own. Even so, y/n wasn't sure if she could fully trust the creature with her baby.

"I wonder whose quirk you're going to have." Both Tomura and y/n didn't grow up with a parental figure with a similar quirk. Thinking about how the baby will have someone for them if they inherited either y/n's Liar or Tomura's Decay made her feel warm inside. She began to wonder what would happen if the baby develops a hybrid quirk. Y/n couldn't fathom what a mix between her and Tomura's quirks could possibly make.

Y/n felt the baby's movement for a little longer. The calm and content expression on her face shifted to something much darker. "I don't know what I'm doing." At this point, y/n wasn't sure if she was still talking to her unborn son or daughter or just to herself. 

"How do I change a diaper? Where am I going to get the money to buy a crib? Where would I even put one? How am I going to hunt down anyone in The League with a baby strapped to me?" Y/n's mind ran in circles. One moment, she was panicking over how she was going to care for her child; the next, she is wondering how the child could put her search for The League on an indefinite hold.

Light poking through the holes in her curtains shined in y/n's direction. The sun was beginning to set. She put aside all her worries, for now.

It was time to head to the bar before the sun sets.

Y/n held her knife in her hands, hidden in her hoodie's pocket. She felt the sharp tip of the blade poke her finger. The sense of danger that loomed over her as she walked down the nearly empty streets eased as soon as she opened the bar's door. Now in the safety of her new temporary workplace, she felt like she could finally breathe.

The lights were left on the inside, but the bar was empty. Y/n poked her head over to the stairwell to see if Mr. Goda was upstairs. The lights were off. The whole building was eerily quiet. "Maybe he's still sleeping?" The man was walking the line between middle-aged and elderly, on top of the tired look on his face, y/n wouldn't be surprised if he slept in often.