Attention

"I'm bored!" Buriki whined. He shoved his hands in his pockets and sighed loudly.

Y/n carefully set Tomoru in his stroller and covered him up in a light blanket. Summer was just around the corner, and the days were growing longer and hotter. She kept her eyes down towards the infant as she spoke. "That sounds like a personal problem."

In the same playfully whiny tone, he continued to talk. "Let's do something!"

Y/n circled around and gripped onto the handle. She quietly began to guide the stroller down the sidewalk. Finally, y/n spoke up. "Something?" She didn't like the sound of that.

Y/n weaved around bodies walking down the sidewalk as she pushed the stroller along. Behind her, she heard his footsteps quicken until they were following along next to her. "Yeah!" Clearly, he either didn't pick up on her deadpan tone, or he didn't care.

"Let's rob a bank or something!" He gave y/n a toothy grin as she flinched.

Y/n shoot him a glare. "Why don't you say that a bit louder? I don't think any heroes heard you."

Buriki took a deep, exaggerated breath in. "I wasn't serious!" Y/n gave the male a quick jab in the stomach. The muscles she had come in contact with hurt the side of her hand.

Buriki used the air he had collected to let out a loud cackle. Several pedestrians turned around and looked at Buriki with quizzical expressions on their faces. "Is that the best you can do? You've got, like, no upper body strength." Y/n rolled her eyes and began walking faster.

He matched her pace. "So, what are we doing today?" Buriki asked.

"I'm running a few errands." Y/n had a mental to-do list. Tomura sent her out with a list of equipment he needed to be ordered from Giran. She also decided to visit Twice and get herself measured again.

Somewhere between buying equipment and going to see Twice, she had accidentally stumbled on Buriki. In fact, this had been the fifth time in a row since she agreed to partner with him. He seemed to have made a habit of finding her whenever she stopped by Giran's office.

"Can I come?" Y/n hummed as she thought, her fingers fidgeted with the little silver locket around her neck. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

She looked up at the black-haired man. "Are you going to stay out of trouble?" y/n asked. Buriki shrugged with a mischievous smile on his face. "Can you try, at least?" Once again, he shrugged.

Y/n glared at him. "Fine. What's the worst that'll happen." Death. Y/n knew the worst possible outcome would be the two villains killing each other.

Y/n discussed Twice a bit as they walked, namely his condition. Buriki chuckled. "So he's bonkers too?"

Y/n side-glanced over to Buriki before returning her gaze forward. "At least he has a reason."

"I have one too!" Y/n raised a brow, unconvinced. "I do! I swear!"

"Who is the craziest person in the room isn't a contest," y/n said. She rolled her eyes.

"I can make it a contest if I want to. And I'd totally win." Y/n shook her head. When he says stuff like that, it made her regret partnering up with him. "You try not being able to hear, see, and move for, like, forever. I was tube fed!"

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Forever, huh?" y/n said. She glanced over to Buriki. "The information Giran collected on you said you were only in there for a year. That hardly sounds like forever."

"One week, one year, one decade, one lifetime, it's all the same." Buriki waved it off and shoved his hands in his pockets.

The sun was slowly setting as y/n and Buriki made their way to Twice's most recent hiding spot. People became more scarce on the streets and, the lights lining the sidewalk began to flicker on.