Trauma

"She's not the same. I'm tellin' ya." Giran tucked his phone under his ear as he lit up a cigarette. He pressed his back against the side of the building.

"What does that even mean?" He heard Tomura grumble from the other end of the line. "I've got work to do, and I need y/n back."

"You're more than welcome to come by and take her from me. I'm just letting you know that she picked up a few odd habits. Whatever happened in Ogura, she's clearly been stressed out by it." He paused and took a drag of his cigarette. Giran debated if it was his place to talk about Tomoru. "Also, I think it'll be best if you pick her up alone. There's something the two of you will need to sort out, other people will just be a distraction."

Tomura went silent on his half of the line. Giran wondered if he was taking his advice seriously or coming up with another reason to be upset.

Giran decided to negotiate with him. "Hey, listen, it's going to take ya a few days to come and get her anyway. I'll use that time to see if I can knock one 'r two of those habits outta her."

Giran specifically meant getting to the bottom of y/n's breakdowns last night. Something told him that she's been suffering from those, much longer than he initially thought. It wasn't good for neither her nor Tomoru's health.

It appeared that Tomura was silently agreeing to his terms. Giran was going to keep her around for a few more days. Then, he'd hand her off to Tomura, problems and all. The older villain just hoped that whatever Tomura needed y/n for wouldn't be too stressful on her. Though, if it was too much, Giran already decided his door would be open for both y/n and Tomoru.

His thumb hovered over the little red icon. He noticed Tomura was still on the other end of the line, and a thought crossed his mind. "Oh, Shigaraki, before I go." He paused and tried to think of the best way to word this. "Y/n misses you a lot." He tapped on the icon and watched the call length flash on his screen.

Giran rubbed the lit cigarette against the brick building behind him, and returned inside. He wasn't gone for very long, just enough time to quickly get a hold of Tomura. Both y/n and Tomoru were fast asleep when he stepped out, he partially expected them to still be asleep. However, with y/n's night terrors, he wasn't so sure.

He stood in the center of his office. Tomoru was sound asleep by his desk. He listened for y/n. Nothing. It seemed like she hadn't woken up after all. Giran sighed, partially relieved and partially exhausted.

Giran was concerned at first when he offered to watch Tomoru, he was the easy part. He didn't fuss much throughout the night. Whenever he cried, Giran learned that food was the answer most of the time.

Much to his dismay, y/n was more of a handful than the baby. When it came to using his quirk to calm y/n down, he quickly realized that it was only a temporary solution to a much bigger problem.

Once her five minutes of peace that Muddiness granted her wore off, she'd go back to sleep. Giran found himself back by her side within an hour to ease another breakdown.

He sat down in his chair, and tried to think back to her breakdowns. Each time, she had been apologizing to someone. He wondered if she had killed someone in Ogura and felt guilty about it. That sounded like a great starting point. He leaned forward and pulled his laptop close to him as he looked at the reported deaths around Ogura circling around the black market.

His keyboard clacking as he typed filled the room. His eyes narrowed as he skimmed through message boards surrounding Ogura. The reported deaths were unfortunately few and far between. People just didn't seem to care when it came to that particular city, it was about as lawless as Japan could allow.