Liar vs Lie Detector

Y/n wasn't allowed to take Tomoru home. Her last few hours at the hospital were spent taking a shower, filling out Tomoko's paperwork, and whatever time was left was with her baby boy. 

Seeing as how this was y/n's first child, and as far as the nurses could tell she was alone, the last bit of time she had with her little boy was like a mini crash course on taking care of a baby. Under close supervision, y/n was taught how to change, bathe, and feed Tomo. In between lessons, Tomo slept in the nursery with all the other newborn children. 

Her heart ached when the nurses informed her that Tomoru had to stay for a few more days. Y/n almost considered sleeping in the waiting room until she could bring her baby home with her. 

Reluctantly, y/n left empty-handed. 

Y/n locked the motel door behind her. She felt the doorknob stab into her back as she stared at the dimly lit room. Her gaze wandered over to the part of the room set aside for the twins. 

Her fingers lightly ran along the side of the crib. Y/n looked over everything inside. She picked up one of the little outfits folded on top of the clothes piles. A little dress.

Y/n's eyes swelled up as she looked at the little dress she had purchased for Tomoko. It was supposed to be for their first family outing. Y/n wanted to pick a beautiful spring day and take the pair to a safer city and go to the park. 

She buried her face into the dress and began to sob uncontrollably. Y/n lamented all the missed opportunities and all the things Tomoko was going to miss out on. Growing up with her brother. Meeting her father for the first time. Learning what things she likes and doesn't like. Tomoko was going to miss everything.

Y/n wasn't mourning for just Tomoko's sake. She was also grieving for Tomoru. He was going to grow up without his big sister now. There are so many things he wasn't going to experience. Sharing a birthday with her and always having someone by his side. Y/n had no idea what to do, she was at a loss. Was she supposed to tell him or keep it a secret? Y/n was thankful she had time to think about it.

She caught her hands trembling. She could feel her fingers quiver against her face. Y/n peered over the little dress and over to the rest of the clothes. Tears streaming down her face, she began to dig through Tomoko's things.

She grudgingly thought of the papers she signed at the hospital. One asked if y/n wanted a funeral or cremation for Tomoko. There was only one correct answer. She couldn't bury her baby girl.

The hospital encouraged y/n to bring something for her to wear. Something to make the event a little bit easier.

Y/n took the clothes to her bed. Y/n sorted through everything, desperately trying to pick out the perfect outfit for her sweet baby to wear. Her soul cried for Tomoko as she looked through her things. Y/n wiped the tears blurring her vision. It was so challenging to pick something. She didn't know a thing about her baby girl.

Would she have liked dresses? The color baby blue? How about pastel green? Y/n didn't want to dare dress Tomoko up in something she wouldn't want to be dressed in.

In the end, y/n settled on the first dress she picked up. The one she bought specifically for her first family outing. Y/n neatly set it down by her pillow. She snuggled into the little dress as she drifted off to sleep.

Y/n ignored everything for days, it's been years since she's felt this depressed and shut down. She missed her babies. All y/n wanted to do was hold Tomoru. 

She didn't go to the bar, y/n used the doctor's order to rest as an excuse. She barely left her own bed. When it was time to pay her rent, y/n stayed inside and waited for the man who ran the front counter to violently knock outside her room. Instead of opening the door, and talk to him face to face, y/n would merely slide the money through a crack. It has been a long time since y/n felt this isolated. Not since Tomura had imprisoned her years ago.