Observations

Tomura rolled over, and a fingertip ran along the top of the bedsheets. Tired, he forced his eyes open just a crack. The spot next to him was empty, cold even. Tomura remembered going to bed alone. He slid inside while y/n was playing with Tomoru in the other room. The blue-haired villain expected to see a still sleeping y/n beside him.

He forced himself out of bed. On his way towards the door, he passed by the crib. Empty.

Tomura glanced around the little shack. Nothing. "Already taking her leader duties seriously?" Tomura crossed his arms. His eyes scanned the room for any sign of her. "No, that's not it. She wouldn't take the boy with her."

Tomura looked outside the front door. He saw trees, bushes, and sunlight. However, there was no sign of y/n.

Tomura slowly walked around the perimeter of the small shack. Birds were chirping in a nearby tree, causing Tomura to scowl under his breath. He involuntarily froze in his spot, holding his breath, as soon as he heard y/n's voice.

"This is a Nomu," y/n said. "His name is Nobuo."

Tomura crept along the wall and peered around the corner. Y/n was sitting on a thin blanket out in the grass, her Nomu crouched across from her. She was holding onto Tomoru in one arm while her other hand was placed on the creature's head.

The Monster inched closer to the baby. "No! Not food!" y/n yelled.

The baby in her arms began to whimper. Tomura ground his teeth, and his breathing became heavier. Tomoru's crying put him on edge, the thing that stressed Tomura out most was how familiar it felt. The shrill sound of his cries gave Tomura the same feeling as whenever y/n got hurt. It was an unpleasant feeling that he didn't want to associate with.

Tomura could see y/n talking, but he couldn't quite hear her. He leaned forward a bit, his eyes narrowed as he focused on the sound of her voice. "No, no, no. No more crying."

She cradled the baby in her arms and gently rocked him. Her movements were slow and gentle. A little pair of hands reached out for her face. Y/n beamed as she leaned forward and allowed the baby's hands to explore her face.

Tomura saw her speaking to Tomoru, her voice was too low to hear. Y/n placed the baby face down on the blanket. Y/n had a kind smile on her face as she watched the baby.

She looks happy. Tomura felt that burning sensation he often felt along his skin flared in his stomach. It was like hot claws were tearing him apart from the inside.

He leaned against the wall, averting his eyes from y/n and Tomoru. The cold air felt good against his heated skin. He stared at the blue sky, watching the clouds slowly go by. Tomura breathed in, taking in as much of the chilled air as possible, to ease the inner burning.

He felt the pain calm down. Tomura inched closer to the corner and looked over. Y/n was lying down on the blanket, she placed Tomoru on her chest. Her fingertips ran along his back. Y/n smiled as she watched the baby grip onto her finger. She softly praised how well he was doing. Tomura couldn't figure out what Tomoru was doing that was so praise-worthy.

He was convinced at this point y/n would praise the baby just for breathing. He didn't get it.

"How about we go back inside." He froze as soon as he heard y/n's voice. Tomura tucked himself behind the corner, hiding from y/n's view.

Tomura held his breath, mentally cursing the nearby chirping birds. Y/n's nomu moved in his direction, Tomura heard her order the nomu to stay, she was headed his way. He quickly, yet cautiously returned to the little shack, retreating to the bedroom.

Tomura stood close to the door. On the other side, footsteps accompanied by humming slowly wandered around the room. Tomura picked up the faint sound of clicking. One of the many unusable lightswitches scattered around. Y/n let out a distressed hum.