Hanna City

Allana Skywalker had not visited Chandrila since she was very small. That had been one of the last times she'd seen Danni Da Dameron, Finn Tico, and Aya Tico. While Sam would visit the Praxeum on Tatooine with his mother a few more times because of his burgeoning abilities, the rest of the Tico family wanted nothing to do with Ben Solo.

It hadn't changed at all from how she remembered it. Less chaotic, not as visually distracting as Coruscant. There neat white pathways around the shining spires of the city, with several parks and floating green areas.

The mountains could be seen in the distance, snow-capped.

Her father had been born here, fifty-five years earlier. A little over half a century ago, Allana realized as she stepped off of the Falcon.

From behind the glass of the main building of the spaceport, Allana saw masses gathering to watch the return of Han Solo's legendary ship.

Everyone knew it had passed to Rey Skywalker and her mysterious husband and partner, both of whom had disappeared in the Second Purge.

"I can sense their excitement," Nellith said, eyes closed. Her face then fell. "But they see us— we aren't who they wanted to see."

"Mom and Dad." Allana exhaled the words, as light as the frost on Madrassa on an autumnal morning.

Nellith then shrugged, a sly smile creeping up her face. "Don't worry— we are the answer they've been waiting for."

It reminded Allana of how Rey had spoken of her destiny.

"I've seen it," Rey whispered as she tucked the girl into bed. "Solid and clear. You, much older, mind you, sitting on a throne. It's ancient— like nothing I've ever seen. There's light, and darkness there. But more important— a balance. An answer to all that's wrong in this galaxy. You'll bring peace, Allana."

She'd adored the idea of destiny, that she was special as a child. That as a middle child, she still had an important place in her family.

The Skywalker burden could be terrible— after all, that was all they had. Rey never spoke about her family, or where she had come from, beyond Jakku.

It was lessened, that burden, to know that she had a good, certain destiny that would bring something the stars longed for.

But she wondered if her mother's visions perhaps had only been dreams. The dreams any mother would have for her Jedi children, Allana supposed.

And yet, as she straightened her posture and fastened her cloak, she couldn't help but think that her mother had never shared those sorts of dreams for her twin sister.

New Republic military marched out of the spaceport to approach the Falcon. Holding stun-staffs and pistols at their belts, they were ready for an ambush. A necessity with the new information.

The soldiers stopped and parted as Rose Tico, the shortest woman Allana had ever laid eyes on, ran.

"Sam!"

"Mom!"

Sam dropped his bag and stretched his arms wide to embrace his mother. The full impact of Rose nearly knocked them both to the ground.

"I was so worried when the Princess Leia's distress signal went down— I thought you—" Rose was crying as she touched her son's cheek. "I'm just so happy that you're okay."

Sam touched the medallion, and peeked over his mother's shoulder as Finn approached. "Dad."

Finn smiled. "You did good. You were brave out there, in Hapan space. I'm sure the New Republic can arrange for a vacation on a planet like Naboo or Deyer—"

Sam shook his head. "Not now. The time for that is over."

Finn nodded, his expression more suitably grim. "It's about time we stood against the Remnant."

He then placed a hand on Danni's shoulder. "Dr. Xux managed to send out the distress signal. She said you brought a crate and the backups to your research—"

"Right here." Danni pulled out the disc, turning to Rose. "Dr. Tico, I've got every bit of data we had."

Rose nodded. "It's good to hear. But where's the crate? Dr. Xux said it was very important—"

"Hi."

Everyone's eyes turned to Nellith and Allana. Nellith gave a tiny wave. Allana merely stood at attention, eyes bright and expression pleasant, yet neutral, just as she'd been taught.

"Allana! Nellith!" Rose grinned, staring up at them. "You've gotten so tall— and—"

"We thought you were dead," Finn interrupted. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost. "Both of you— we couldn't feel you in the Force anymore."

Allana blushed. "Yeah, about that— we can talk later—"

"Yes, of course we can!" Rose managed her way in between the two of them, and placed her hands on their shoulders. "We'll have plenty more to talk about at dinner tonight!"

"Dinner?" Nellith quirked an eyebrow.

"The situation isn't as simple as telling the Senate about why we lost contact with the Princess Leia," Finn explained as they headed back towards the spaceport. "Danni, your mother saw your transmission and she believes you and wants to help— but the Senate still might not agree."

"Why not?" Sam demanded.

"It's complicated," Rose said. "We need to decide how we're going to proceed from here on out— oh, by the way, you should send a comm to Aya."

"To Aya? Why?" Sam asked. "Where is she?"

"She's still working on her dig site on Korriban," Finn assured him. "We haven't told her what happened— didn't want to worry her yet."

Sam sighed. "I'll get on that."

"We really are glad all of us are together again, right, Chewy?" Rose beamed at the Wookiee. "And Allana, you'll have to introduce me to the handmaidens— oh, we'll have such a fun time!"

Allana nodded a reluctant agreement.

It wasn't the Force, but merely instinct, intuition, that caused her to look to Nellith.

There was a blank and foggy sort of look on her sister's face as she stared out on the cityscape.

"Nell?"

Her sister blinked and shook her hair. And the look was gone.

But Allana couldn't dismiss her suspicion that something was not right with her sister.

After all, where had she been, all those years? What happened to her?

As Nellith took off her leather jacket, Allana gaped at the scars.

What had Nellith done?