Witch Trials

Ok, so let me explain how the Witch Trials work. The Witch Trials are three different tests that are used to prove a witch/warlock is better or to handle political disputes. The tests are made by a fair and impartial faction that is unable to take favoritism of either witch/warlock into consideration(it's normally high ranking officials in villages). The first two are normally prone to change, but the final is always a one on one match. Each test is comprised to test the combatants skill, magic power, and mind. Their rarely done anymore since death is not uncommon in them and are not really needed anymore. Only those that look into them or the higher members of a group of witches/warlocks know enough to know how they go. Now that that's done, lets get going.

One week after Izuku's declaration, Izuku POV:

It's been almost a week since my proclamation to Neito on the trials with him arrogantly agreeing. "Are you all ready?" "Yeah but, why do we have to go to the village of witches?" "Because I made a declaration to Neito for the title of next head of the village Nejire. Even if I didn't, we would still go there since their trials that we don't want onlookers to see." They understood as we began to leave. "You must be happy going home you three." "Oh right, your from the village *ribbit*." Me, Himiko, and Itsuka looked at Tsu and Ibara with some irritation. "The last time we were in the village, I was forced out because of my accident. Going back without my missions success makes me feel like I'm accepting defeat." "My dad wasn't exactly happy when I said I'm staying with Izuku, but understood my loyalty towards him." "Needless to say, we're all going back to some issues." They avoided the topic after this as we meet at the edge of town to enter into the forest.

At the village

After about an hour long walk in the woods, we discovered the gate of our home with three people there to greet us. "Izuku!" Mom began to run over to me and hug me to a point my life was being squeezed out. "Mom. I missed you, but your suffocating me." "Sorry." She released me with the village head and Itsuka's father coming over. "It is good to see you three again. It is also a pleasure to see you again as well Megami." "It is a pleasure to see you as well master." Mrs. Yaoyorozu bowed to my grandmother with her smiling. "Even after all these years, you still show me respect by bowing. Thank you for that." Nakuru started to walk over to us with an indifferent look. "Who are these three? I can smell the witches and the familiars over ther, but these are not known." He began to glare at Ibara, Tsu, and Mei with anger. "Their our friends dad. Please don't hurt them." He only looked at them before walking into the village. We followed him with the villagers looking at me. They began to speak silently to themselves just loud enough for me to hear.

"Izuku really was coming back." "I thought he lost his magic though?" "I heard he challenged Neito to the Witch Trials." "Seriously? He's gonna die." "So much for him. I kinda preferred him over Neito as a head." 'Theirs this little thing called subtlety. Clearly it's nonexistent in the village.' We made our way to the main building of the village where Neito and his mother was. "When my son said he was challenged by the failure of the Midoriya's, I could not believe it. But here you are with an entourage of weaklings. Befitting of the 'former' best warlock." She began to laugh with her son following suit. "Enough with your childish antics in the presence of our lady head." Nakuru began to get angry with them stopping. "Thank you Nakuru. Now if you would all follow me inside, we will discuss the trials to you all along with the conditions of success for either of you."

We entered inside for us to meet around a table. "Now, the winner will become the next head without question. However, the winner shall also obtain the decree to be enforced if desired." Neito began to smile a bit at this. "Then how about this. If I win, then the Kendo house serves the Monoma's." "That will never happen Neito! The Kendo family has ties to the Midoriya's out of honor!" "Very well. Neito has made his wager. Now what would you like Izuku." I began to think on this before Mrs. Yaoyorozu spoke for me. "Allow me to place an engagement wager on the winner in Izuku's place." Most of the girls were a little unsure what it was. "Uh, what is that?" "An engagement wager is when a third party offers a wager in place of one of the two parties and engages into the trial success. They don't really have anything to do for engagement, but they aren't impossible to do in these." "I wager the hands of these three witches to the winner as a replacement for Izuku's wager." "Mrs. Yaoyorozu, that shouldn't be a wa-" "I accept." Neito states this with a confident smirk on his face. "Very well, the wagers have been set with both parties. You have an hour before the trials to prepare any last minute magic reserves. In addition, weapons and tools are forbidden with familiars and golems being the exception." We bow to the head before leaving.