Race on the Sea

And were back on this. Sorry for the wait for you all, but here is our new chapter of this. Also, a new addition to the encyclopedia.

Basilisk- Depending on where you are in the world, this being has different forms, but all follow a similar aspect. Giant serpents with the the majority having the ability to paralyze someone with a single gaze and poisonous venom that can melt bone in seconds. Due to the mass hinting, what is left of the race hides and have adapted to transform into humans. Though this is not fully complete, it allows them to interact with humans in a safe and nonlethal way.

Now that's finished, lets get going.

Izuku POV:

Ever since the incident with Amajiki and Shield a few weeks ago, I asked Mrs. Yaoyorozu if I could get some information on the area he said was attacked. Normally, witch heads only have a log of their own zones. Mrs. Yaoyorozu is not like most though and kept rather well tracked notes on her's and the areas close around for some years. It took me a little time to find something with the girls helping, but I finally found the information I needed. What I found however, was unsettling to say the least. I grabbed the information and brought it back to everyone for them to see.

"Alright, I found a report about the incident." "Please tell me it's something about the witch and the Chimera being executed for the act. I don't think I can manage dealing with the death stares anymore." Nejire was starting to lose her mind a bit thanks to Amajiki always giving her the death glare for no reason other than his hate. "Well, I found two things about the said night. The first is that on the night, there was a meeting with the heads that had the two witches that were in the small town gone from the area." "I don't see how that is the issue here. Witches and warlocks always go into the others territory, why would this be any different?" "That is where I found my second bit Momo."

I opened it to a small report from a familiar in the area. "This is a report from the witch head in the areas familiar. He said that two men had used a spell bead to summon a creature that wreaked havoc on the edge of town. He tried to save the orphans, but he couldn't do anything with the Chimera there." "Hmm. Did the familiar sense any magic from the two?" I shook my head at Nemuri's comment. "He didn't, and it looked like the two were Hunters." "Wait, but why would Hunters want to kill a bunch of orphans? I know they're hell bent on creatures like us, but common."

I try and think of a reason, but can't think of an answer to Kyoka. "I don't know, but this gives a hole in their story. So one of two things happened. They either lied to us, or-" Mei went pale at this while finishing my conclusion. "Someone lied to them." This didn't sit right in all of us until Shino came over to give me something. "You missed a small bit of detail from that report. The familiar also took a pic of the two." She handed me the picture to show it was the man we were looking for. "Ibara, Tsu, Kyoka, do you girls recognize the other man in this picture? Not the one with the overcoat, the man in the lab coat." They looked at the picture and remembered instantly. "THAT'S THE GUY!"

"Wait, what does this mean then?" Mina was still not fully understanding with Ochako not far ahead of her. "It means that something isn't fitting correctly here. If these two are in the area when this attack started and they were the ones that made the Corrupts with my power, that means something foul is in the works that makes the Hunter more monstrous than we expected." We started to worry a bit before a knock on the door came. Itsuka came to open it and began talking with someone. "Hey guys, we have a problem." Itsuka walks in with a girl that had green hair and some scales on her neck.

" Itsuka walks in with a girl that had green hair and some scales on her neck