Studying

Camila and her mother pulled up to the address Laur had given them. It was an outstanding two-story home with a brick walk way to the front door, shutters on every window and nice green bushes and grass to further compliment the maintenance.

"This is an amazing house. What are her parents occupations?" Sinu asked.

"I'll be sure to ask." Camila stepped out of the car gripping her math book and folder under her arm.

"Be sure to call when you're ready."

"Okay mom. I will."

Camila walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Her palms were sweating and she pushed the rim of her glasses up on her nose. She had never actually been invited to any of her peers' house before. Not even for a party. Soon the door opened and the brunette was pinned with friendly green eyes and a smile.

"Hey Camz. I'm glad you could make it. Come on in."

Camila replied with a small smile and walked through the doorway past Lauren. The tall one closed the front door and turned to Camila.

The brunette took in the dark head's red tennis shorts and light wearing gray sweater with the name "Gators" on the front, their school mascot. Laur had her hair up in a fine ponytail and was wearing some white and gray Nike socks.

"Would you like a drink or something?" Laur offered.

"No, no I'm fine." Camila said quietly. "Your house is beautiful."

"Yeah...it's pretty nice." She nudged her head indicating Camila to follow her. They took a step down into the den and came to a door. Laur opened it and Camila saw a flight of carpeted stairs going down and took a step back.

"It's okay, the basement is my room. It's fixed up nice and everything."

Laur grabbed Camila's freehand while her other clutched to her books. For some reason she felt safe with Lauren holding her hand and proceeded to follow down the stairs. When they finally reached the bottom Camila was mesmerized by how large Lauren's room was. To the left was a door leading to a full bath next to a sliding door closet. To the right was work out equipment and from there it connected to a section tucked in the corner. Stepping down, a queen sized bed could be seen with dark colored sheets. On the walls were posters of famous NBA players and the walls themselves were painted a dark yet warm blue color. It was the perfect room for Lauren.

"Wow...what exactly do your parents do?" Camila asked.

"My mom is actually one of the top orthodontics here in Vegas. And my dad..." Lauren's smiling face slowly faded into a solemn expression. "My dad died a few years ago..."

"Oh...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to..."

"No, no it's okay...you didn't know." Laur said with a slight smile.

Still holding Laur's hand, Camila's fingers absently brushed her thumb back and forth over Lauren's hand. The two just stood there hand in hand, green staring into brown caring eyes. Look at that. She cares about my feelings. Breaking the gaze, Lauren looked down at their joined hands. This brought Camila back to reality and she withdrew her had from Lauren's.

"Um...where are we going to study?" Camila asked in a shy tone. Why did I just stand there and caress her hand like that?

Oddly missing the contact of Camila's hand Lauren suggested the bed. Camila looked down and shifted her weight from left to right.

"I used to have a desk in here but, it was really old. We gave it to good will." Laur said as she crossed the large room and stepped down into the section with her bed.