The Game

Lauren and Normani sat in the back of the class during first period. Though she was trying to concentrate on her work, Lauren couldn't take her eyes off the small brunette across the room.

"So, did you bang her yet?" Normani smirked leaning over.

Lauren turned and frowned at Normani. Though it was a phrase she often used herself, it almost felt wrong to talk about Camila in that way.

"No. I only kissed her goodnight." Laur whispered.

"On the lips?" Normani said keen with interest.

"Just the cheek."

"Aw...how sweet..."

Laur rolled her eyes.

"Well, just remember I want my fifty in cash."
Normani said with a smug smile.

"Oh, I'll win this thing. This will just take some time. And thanks to you, I have more than enough." Laur said confidently refocusing her gaze on the brunette.

* * *

It was after school and Camila sat in her kitchen quietly eating her after school snack. Her parents had to work late at the hospital so she was alone for the night. But she wasn't worried about that. She was more concerned about Laur. As agreed they would meet every Wednesday and Thursday at five. Suddenly the phone rang and Camila knew it was her.

"Hello." She said shyly.

"Hi Camz. Are we still on for tonight?"

"Of course." Camila replied in a friendly but unsure voice.

There was a long pause

"Listen...I know what happened yesterday was a little awkward but I don't want to loose you as a friend."

Camila smiled. "Me too."

"So can we put that behind us?"

"Definitely." The younger one sai, her smile growing wider.

"Great! I'll be there at five."

"Okay...bye."

Laur hung up her cell and abruptly turned around when she heard clapping coming from behind her. She jumped because she could have sworn she was in the locker room alone.

"Shit, Normani. You tryin' to give me a fuckin' heart attack" Lauren said letting out a breath.

"Just watching the 'supposed' master at work."

"And...?" Laur asked raising her eyebrows.

"What was awkward?"

"Huh?"

"What was so awkward that happened between the two of you?"

Lauren shrugged her shoulders and started packing up her gear. "We almost did kiss, that's all. My mom came in before I could make a move."

"Ah...the old parent bust. Too bad." Normani said sarcastically.

Lauren wanted to tell her friend that she almost fell head over heels when the brunette removed her glasses. She wanted to say she looked beautiful and sweet, but that would totally be underminding her reputation.