Blissful

The Gators won 57-44. After the game Laur and her three teammates, Normani, Alexa and Veronica were engaged in conversation while packing up their things.
"We sure did wipe those Ravens out tonight didn't we guys!" Veronica said in an enthusiastic cheer.

The three other teammates complied by whooping and banging on the lockers.

"Yeah, especially with your help Laur. Girl, you were making those shots back to back!" Alexa exclaimed. "Who the hell were you trying to impress tonight?"

Lauren shrugged her shoulders. "Nobody in particular."

"It was Cabello wasn't it?" Normani said.

"The geek?" Veronica questioned with wonder.

"Hey! She's not a geek. She's just...really smart." Laur said defensively.

Normani raised her eyebrows. "It's okay Laur... I saw her in the stands the entire game...but I still wonder..." she put her finger to her chin. "Where did Nerdie go during halftime? I didn't see you and I didn't see her."

Lauren started rummaging through her duffel bag as though she were looking for something.

"That doesn't mean anything," The green eyed muttered.

Alexa and Veronica glanced at each other and then back at the enticing conversation unfolding before them.

"After I found you...or after you found me, your face looked a little...flushed? A little...make-out flushed..." Normani said as though she were an interrogator.

Lauren quickly zipped up her duffel bag and looked anywhere but at her three friends. The dark haired girl didn't want the other girls knowing how she truly felt about Camila. Out of all of the years they knew her, Lauren never withheld information about the actions she performed with a girl, but this time was different. Camila was different.

"Jauregui? Were you doing the tongue dance with Cabello during halftime?" Alexa asked.

"Yeah..." Laur said hesitantly.

"Well, well, well...Normani I think you're gonna lose this bet. Jauregui has this one wrapped around her finger." Alexa said picking up her bag to leave.

"Not exactly. It's still 2 months and counting." Normani said with a smile.

Outside the locker room doors awaited a small brunette. Camila continuously walked back and forth with folded her arms tightly around her body. She hated that she had forgotten a coat. It was quite a windy evening and Camila didn't know that Las Vegas weather tended to change year around. When she thought of Vegas, all that came to mind was heat, dessert and 24 hour casinos.

Suddenly, the double doors opened revealing Alexa, Veronica and Normani. The three girls eyed Camila as they passed and let out small giggles. This made the brunette pretty uncomfortable and she suddenly fell into her shy mode and looked at the ground. Why are they laughing? Camila wondered. What ever it is, why does it involve me? I'm glad Lauren isn't like them. She felt a wave of relief wash over her as the three players disappeared around the building.

The double doors opened again giving the brunette at a sight for sore eyes. It was Laur dawning her red and white letter-man jacket with dark blue jeans and a long sleeved black shirt underneath. She sauntered over to a very cold yet happy Camila.

"Hey beautiful..." Lauren said with a smile.

"H...Hey," Camila said chattering her teeth.

Laur quickly noticed the brunette was shivering and hugging herself. "Oh shit, Camz...you must be freezing!" Laur realized shrugging off her jacket. She quickly wrapped the large jacket around the quivering small brunette.