Somebody New

Camila hadn't been out of her room for the past four hours since her stand off with Lauren. Hear whole body was a heap of tears and she couldn't get a hold on her vulnerability. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Camila, honey. May I come in?" the brunette's mother, Sinuhe asked.

The brunette rose from her tear stained pillow and dragged her weak legs across the small room to unlock her door. Sinu stepped in and closed the door behind her while her daughter retreated back to her bed. Camila's face was clearly tear stained and fresh tears were soon to follow. Sinu stood near the door.

"This is about that basketball player isn't it?" her mother asked with sincerity.

"How did you know?" Camila asked sniffling her nose.

"Oh, sweetie..." Sinu said crossing the room and sitting next to her daughter.
"I know you fell in love with her."

The girl slowly sat up and shook her head solemnly. "That's not all I did with her." Camila could feel a new stream of tears coming on.

"You two had sex." Sinu said without hesitation.

Camila nodded her head hesitantly.

"I know you did honey," Sinu said with a sigh.

The brunette's eyes widened. "What...how...you knew I slept with Lauren?"

Sinu gave a small smile. "I used to be a teenager too you know. It wasn't that hard to figure. I was in the kitchen that night fixing tea when I heard you come in and trudge straight to your room. Then the next thing I heard was your shower. I was a little iffy about that but I let it pass. But it was a dead give away when I saw you sneaking in the kitchen around midnight looking for something to eat, when you had called me early saying you ate dinner at Lauren's house."

Camila put her face in her hands. "Oh...god..." The brunette couldn't believe her mother knew that easily. "So...you don't care that I...like girls?"

Sinu put a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "As long as you know what makes you happy...your father on the other hand, doesn't know."

"Good...I'm not really ready to tell him."

"That you're a lesbian or that you had sex?"

"Mom!" Camila said between her teeth and then cracking a small smile.

"There's my smile." Sinu said. "Now tell me what happened."

* * * *

Eyelids fluttered open slowly in the darkness. Green eyes focused on glaring red numbers from the alarm clock near Lauren's head. It was 1:02 a.m.

Laur sat up and looked to her right. Gleaming in the moonlight from the window was curly  hair,  Keana's hair.

The Lauren that came over tonight was hurt and confused. She slept with Keana to forget about the hurt she had caused Camila, but that didn't do any good. It only made her feel worse inside.

The dark haired groaned and got out of the bed fully nude. The slight shift in the bed stirred the cheerleader.

"Where are you going, Laurie?" Keana mumbled.

"Home." the dark haired girl said putting on her jeans. "This was a mistake."

Keana giggled and sat up stretching. "Well...if it was a mistake... we made a mistake three times," she teased.

Laur shook her head and threw on her T-shirt. "This isn't gonna happen again."

"Humph...sure you say that now, but you'll be back."