Movie night

The next morning Lauren called Camila to put her plan underway. Though she was frustrated by her friends' constant teasing she hated the war that was constantly being fought between her ego and her heart. Lauren knew she had feelings for Camila, but she couldn't explain them. She had never been in love before, so how would she know how it felt? Valentine's Day was this Tuesday, and she thought it was the perfect opportunity to win the brunette over completely.

Camila stood in her kitchen doing some scrambled eggs on the stove. It was a mother daughter ritual every Sunday morning. Sinuhe would cook the biscuits and bacon, while Camila did the eggs. By the time breakfast was ready, Alejandro, her father, would scurry into the kitchen in a bathrobe, pour his coffee and wait for his beautiful girls to serve him a plate. Both Camila and Sinu were fine with this arrangement because that left Mr. Cabello to cook dinner.

"So, hun, how was your friend?" Sinu asked.

"Lauren?" Camila smiled at the thought of the brunette and their almost first kiss.

"No, your other friend that was knocked unconscious for three hours." Sinu joked.

Camila playfully shook her head at her mother's humor. "Her eye was swelled pretty badly, but she's okay."

The brunette really liked Laur. There was just something about her that made her shyness vanish into thin air. The older one had a way of making her feel like she was the only person on earth. Every afternoon they would study together, Camila couldn't help the attraction she felt. Laur was a magnificent sculpture to look at. When she'd look into her green eyes, her knees were useless. When the dark haired smiled, her heart raced.

Just then the phone rang and Sinuhe picked it up. "Cabello residence..."

"Oh, hi Mrs. Cabello,this is Lauren. May I speak to Camila?" Laur never called Camz by her full name, but in respect for the brunette's parents she would say the alternative.

"Sure, Lauren, she's just helping me with breakfast."

The brunette quickly turned off the stove and went to her mother's side. Sinu handed her daughter the phone.

"Hi, Laur. Is something wrong?"

Lauren smiled at the brunette concern. "No, everything's fine. I just wanted to know if you were busy this Tuesday night."

That's Valentine's Day! "No, no I'm not doing anything. Do you need more help with studying?" The brunette said playing dumb.

Lauren lightly chuckled. "No, I don't need more help studying. I just wanted to invite you to my house to watch a movie."

The brunette hesitated while Laur anxiously awaited an answer.

"I'm not really comfortable with all your jock friends. They don't like me, you know."

"Oh...no they're not coming. Just you."

Camila smiled. "Just me?"

"Yeah. So whatta ya say?" Laur said in a low seductive voice.

Camila heard the sudden change of tone in Lauren's voice and it sparked something new in her lower anatomy.

"Um...sure...I'll be there. Should I bring anything?" she managed to say.

"No... just you..."

Camila's face began to flush and she turned away from her parents who were engaged in a deep conversation.

"Okay... I'll see you Tuesday," the brunette agreed.

Lauren heard the timid tone in the brunette's voice. "You're blushing aren't you?" she said smiling.