Oneshot - Princess AU - Poly V (Spinearl/Volleypearl)

((Human AU, keep this in mind! Volleyball is the princess. Pearl and Spinel are her consorts. Pearl is a knight, Spinel is a Jester, and Pink Diamond is the Queen.))

Pink Pearl was ready to take up arms against yet another suitor. Her mother and reigning monarch, Pink Diamond, wanted her to marry some prince from another faction nearby. She, as usual, had insisted that the suitor must defeat her in combat before she would offer her hand in marriage.

"Poor chap's in over his head, love." She turned to see one of her true loves, Pearl, walk into the room. Soon after, her other love, Spinel, entered the room. "You got this. This guy is a literal shrimp."

They all laughed, and Pearl added, "He looked like a rare steak. Honestly, I don't know what the queen is thinking with this guy."

Pink Pearl gently kissed both of her consorts, waving as she entered the arena.

~~

As her eyes adjusted to the sunlight, she nearly gagged. Dear god, they weren't kidding. The man was as pink as the painting of pink roses she had hanging in her room. He was either sunburnt or just painfully ugly.

She wasn't even surprised when he just dropped the sword when she walked out. His mother, clearly ashamed to have been dragged out here for this, suddenly walked off, leaving Pink Diamond alone to send the "Prince" to his carriage back home.

Her consorts looked up when she reentered.

"New record." They both said, and Pink Pearl laughed.

"I didn't even get to swing. I guess he finally realized he is about as impressive as a raw chicken."

They all chuckled at that, then Pearl suddenly became serious.

"I hate to be the one to say it, but you need to talk to your mom about us again. These suitors would stop if you just married one of us."

Pink Pearl sighed. "Well, she wants me to marry a man to continue the bloodline."

Spinel sighed. "Well, maybe you can discuss it at dinner. She won't even let us call ourselves your consorts even though... Well, that's what we are."

"I'll talk to her about it." Pink Pearl agreed, though she realized that tonight was her solo dinner with her mother. "Meet me in my quarters afterwards."

Spinel stood up, heading off for her own dinner. "Bold of you to assume I'm not going there already."

Pearl stood as well, heading to the kitchen. "I'll be there before you're done. See you then, love."

Pink Pearl breathed deeply, attempting to calm herself, then ascended the staircase to her mother's dining room.

~~

Pink Pearl couldn't figure out how to bring up the subject for most of the dinner. Both her and her mother were silent, until eventually her mother stopped eating and looked at her in annoyance. "You have something on your mind, spit it out already."

Pink Pearl gulped. "Well, mother, I want to formally label Spinel and Pearl as my wives, or at least my consorts." She paused. "If our relationships got out without these labels, disaster could befall our name."

Pink Diamond rolled her eyes. "Daughter, you must always make this so difficult for me. Why should I even bother? It's not like you are having premarital-" She glanced up. "Oh by the gods. You are."

She looked away, trying to avoid her mother's gaze.

After a few minutes of silence, her mother sighed. "Fine. You may label them as your consorts but I will not hold a ceremony for them to be your wives. If this whole 'consort' label you have forced me into works out, perhaps I will reconsider."

~~

After the dinner, Pink Pearl rushed to see her now-consorts. "Pearl! Spinel!"

Both of them looked up quickly, worried. "Well, how'd it go?" Pearl finally choked out.

Pink Pearl practically bounced up and down with joy. "She is allowing me to officially label you both as my consorts! She even may consider allowing you to be my wives one day!"

Spinel was the first to run over and hug her. "Oh, peeps, this is great! Finally, we don't have to hide us anymore!"

Pearl followed quickly. "Agreed. How'd you even convince her, love?"

Pink Pearl sat on her bed. "She guessed about the premarital affairs."

Both Pearl and Spinel went beet red. "How? She never could've-"

Pink Pearl shut them both up by pointing to an odd bruise on her shoulder area. "Take a wild guess."

They all laughed, and then began to discuss the days events.

Pearl and Spinel had their own story to tell about some of the servants, but that's not for you to know.

((A/N: Hey again everybody! This one was loads of fun, since it was one of my shorter oneshots. I've wanted to write something similar for a long time, but this is the first time I've actually done it! Probably because it is short...

I'm still taking suggestions! There are certain ships I will not do due to age issues and the like, such as stevinel, but feel free to ask!~

Anyway, have a great life! <3))