Oneshot - Ghost of You - Volleypearl

((Contains reference to death and violence. Viewer discretion is advised.))

((A/N: Ghost time babey!! Also, check out my other books if you're waiting on this one to update! I know the struggle y'all))

It had been years since Pearl died. She had just left the apartment, waving to her girlfriend and shouting an I love you... then BAM! A drunk driver, having just left a nearby bar at 2 am, hit her.
She was dead nearly instantly. The driver was charged with a DUI, but they couldn't pin Pearl's death on him for reasons Volley didn't understand. He was let out after six months and a fine.
She carried on. It's what Pearl would have wanted.
She occasionally felt a presence with her, a warmth, or even a whisper like Pearl's.
It was getting to be too much. Leaving her apartment was always a struggle, and she couldn't afford to move from the neighborhood, even though it had a high crime rate.
She barely flinched when a clearly homeless and hungry pressed a knife to her throat.
"Give me your money and I'll let you go!"
Volley sighed. "Dude, my wallet is in my house. Come back tomorrow, I'll give you the money."
The guy looked shocked. "Uh, I know this isn't really my place, but are you alright?"
Volley sighed. "Hell fuckin no. I just got fired last week and I have nothing to live for."
The guy backed off a little. "Oh. You're going to end up like me soon."
He turned away. "Forget it. I'll see you arou-" His voice suddenly vanished and then she looked around, confused. She heard a muffled thud and scream, looking down to see herself, lying on the ground.
There was a pool of red around her already, and the guy had called someone on his phone.
She looked at her hands, and they were almost transparent.
"Oh... I'm dead."
She suddenly heard someone calling her name behind her, and turned to see Pearl running towards her.
They met in the middle with a kiss and tears.
"Pearl! You're here!"
"Volley!" She then looked angry. "Why are you here so soon?!"
Volley gestured to the bullet wound on her chest. "I guess I got shot. Man, this neighborhood really does suck."
Pearl shrugged, then looked around. "I think we're done here."
"Done here? What does that mean?"
Pearl sighed. "I guess not. You see, we're stuck here. I mean, sure we could travel the world or whatever, until we are finally happy. Then, we're supposed to go somewhere with all the rest of our loved ones. Why are we still here?"
"The driver wasn't punished. He needs to be punished." Volley said angrily, and Pearl nodded.
"So that's why we're here."
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's wreck this guy's house!" Volley said angrily, and Pearl nodded again.
"Here, hold my hand."
She did, and then they were suddenly in the guy's house. It was small and filthy, and the guy was drinking a bottle of some alcohol.
Volley grabbed the bottle, and was shocked to see it actually worked. She then chucked it across the room and it smashed against a wall.
He shot up, growling. "Hey! What the fuck?!?"
Volley laughed, and Pearl's eyes suddenly rolled back. The guy looked scared as she narrated. "You killed me. Now I'm going to kill you."
He ran out of the house and they laughed, then stopped as they heard the squealing of car wheels.
"Oh hell no." Pearl said, grabbing Volley's hand, and then they were in the car. Volley leaned to the left side of the guy, Pearl to the right. They saw that, in his swerving, he was about to hit a mother and her young child. They both growled and grabbed the wheel, pulling it hard and sending the car flying into a tree line in the local park. The driver flew out of the window, having not worn a seatbelt.
Volley and Pearl flinched and shared a look. The guy got back up and they smiled when the mother stormed over and began to scream at him while her child called 911. They finally felt relieved when a paramedic arrived and took him away in an ambulance while the woman gave police a statement.
Suddenly, they were somewhere else. They looked around, and Pearl was the first to begin crying as her friend who had died years before her greeted her. Volley started crying as her childhood dog ran to her, barking and jumping at her.
They shared a look, smiled, and then began greeting everyone again.
After all of the tearful reunions, Pearl and Volley laid down on the ever-changing ground of the place, looking up at a beautiful sky.
"This is nice. I'm glad you're here with me."
"So am I."