Oneshot - Human AU - Volleypearl - Request

((A/N: This one was a request! I had a blast with this one, I haven't written much soft content outside of this book, so it's always a lot of fun to not have angst <3))

((WARNING: This chapter contains reference to alcohol consumption. They are of legal age, but viewer discretion is advised))

Volley hated the winter. It was chilly, and she had a habit of getting cold way too quickly. She had quickly stepped off the street and into a small coffee shop. Looking around the warm room, she noticed several others were in the same situation, including another college student. When she looked closer, she noticed that they had at least 5 cups of coffee around them and their laptop. She ordered her coffee, which was essentially more sugar and creamer than coffee. She walked over to the table next to her fellow student, as the shop was so crowded that it was the only open table.

The student sat up quickly, and Volley laughed as she realized that the other had fallen asleep. 

"Hold on..." Both started at the same time as they made eye contact. 

The other piped up as Volley went silent. "Hey! I...saw you at Blue's party last week. Remember me?"

Volley thought for a moment, then blushed and nodded. "Oh... yeah. Pearl, right?"

~~

(At the party)

Volley was resting in the corner of the room, having decided to sit down. The last of her friends had finally turned 21, so they were all at this party to celebrate. 

Of course, Volley couldn't handle her liquor, so she was already crossing the border from buzzed into drunk. 

As she sat, another girl, who she recognized from around campus, came and sat next to her. The other held two glasses of alcohol, and offered one to her. Volley was going to refused, but then the other pointed to a straw in the drink. Volley stared for a moment, before connecting the dots. "Oohhh. This is one of the testers for stuff in here." 

The other laughed. "Yep. I always have them on me. Better safe than sorry."

Volley took the drink, beginning to sip. "Thanks, uh, what's your name?"

The other smiled. "I'm Pearl. You?"

Volley smiled back. "Volley."

Within a few minutes, both of their drinks were gone and their friends were nowhere to be found.

Volley was clearly a little drunk at this point, and Pearl was the same way. 

"Well, I'd better go find my friends." She paused. "Probably leaving."

Pearl nodded. "Just... one thing before you go?"

Volley nodded. "Sure."

Pearl grinned, quickly pulling Volley in for a kiss. Volley was so dazed by the kiss and the alcohol that, by the time she came to her senses, Pearl was gone.

~~

Volley was brought back to the present by a warmth on her hand. When she looked down, Pearl's hand was on hers. 

"Are you alright? You zoned out a moment there." Pearl looked concerned, which made Volley feel a little bit bad.

"Yeah! Just... a little tired." Volley explained, and Pearl nodded. "Yeah, I get it." 

There was then an awkward silence as Volley finished her coffee, and Pearl finished her sixth. Eventually, Volley had an idea.

"Hey Pearl?" She asked, causing the other to turn.

"Yeah?"

"Just one thing before I go?" She asked.

Pearl nodded. "Sure."

With that, Volley closed the space between them, returning the favor from the party. She also quickly passed Pearl a bit of her receipt before leaving in a hurry.

Pearl was left dumbfounded, then looked to the receipt scrap. On it, Volley had written her number. Pearl grinned, then quickly drank a few sips of her coffee. "That girl needs to tone down the sugar a bit. I can taste it."

((A/N: Hey again everybody! Sorry this one is short, but in order to upload semi-regularly and still keep up with school I've had to shorten the stories a little. I hope you don't mind! 

I'm still taking suggestions! There are certain ships I will not do due to age issues and the like, such as stevinel, but feel free to ask!~

Anyway, have a great life! <3))