Oneshot - Valentine's Special 1 - Volleypearl

((A/N: This is sort of the "Pearl Plus" AU, if you've seen that! My own little take on that, Volley and Pearl both loved Rose, but that's in the past. Now, they're dating, due to some development not needed for this, and they decide to do something special for Valentine's! If I have enough time, I have a few more releases scheduled based around the holiday <3))

It was over a year since Spinel's attack on Earth, and Pearl was very anxious. You see, her and Volley had missed last year's Valentine's Day, on which Pearl had planned to propose.

Pearl had thought about it endlessly, from why to where to what ring she should get. After months upon months of searching, she found the perfect ring.

It was a silver ring, with a heart delicately carved into the surface, and "My Love" inscribed around the heart. It had finally arrived the week before Valentine's Day, and Pearl had begun setting up. They loved to have dates in the lighthouse, and Pearl was doing her best to make it as pretty as possible for the proposal without Volley finding out.

Finally, the day had arrived. They had agreed beforehand to walk there when it started getting about time for the sun to set.

It was all ready when the pair entered - a few candles and a setup for them to watch the sunset together.

Pearl was trying to hide her nervousness the entire time, and was actually decent due to practice. When the sun was finally most of the way down, just barely in the sky, Pearl turned to Volley and helped her stand up. They danced for a few minutes under the slowly fading light, then Pearl stopped. Volley looked confused, and Pearl smiled.

"I know this might seem sudden, but Volley, I love you more than I've loved any gem in my lifetime. You're kind, creative, optimistic, and... obviously, gorgeous. So..."

Pearl kneeled down on one knee and Volley covered her mouth to try and hide a huge smile.

"Volley, will you marry me and make me the happiest gem in the universe?"

Pearl had barely finished the sentence before Volley pulled her up into a kiss. After a long moment, Volley said yes so many times that Pearl lost count.

Pearl was now grinning from ear to ear, and took out the ring. "My lady." She bowed, causing them both to laugh.

Pearl then put the ring on Volley's hand, and was pulled into another kiss.

After the kiss, they both laughed again.

"Did you do all this because this was the way we fused for the first time?" Volley asked with a grin, and Pearl nodded.

"Yeah, that was one of my favorite nights of my entire lifetime." Pearl admitted sheepishly, and Volley pulled her in for another hug.

"Care to dance, love?" Volley offered her hand, and Pearl took it.

"I lead this time." Pearl said, quickly spinning and dipping Volley.

Volley laughed and then said in a joking tone, "Alright, fine."

They danced for hours, and eventually they stopped as they realized that they were one.

"Oh!" Royal Pearl exclaimed, looking mildly surprised. "Well, dear, when did that happen?"

She heard the door to the temple shut, and quickly leapt down to outside the temple. "Steven! What are you doing awake, child?"

Steven exited the temple, looking embarrassed. "I, um, I may or may not have had a nightmare."

This caused Royal Pearl to slowly split, with the two standing and holding hands. "Do you want to talk about it?" Pearl asked, looking concerned. Volley jumped in, adding, "I can tell you a bedtime story or two, if you want?"

Steven smiled, looking as if he was struggling to accept their help. "Uh, that'd be... nice."

The two of them walked up to the Temple.

The next hour was spent comforting Steven and getting him back to sleep, and then they went and talked in their rooms for hours. They had gone to Pearl's room first, but then Amethyst yelled at them to keep it down so they went to Volley's room.

~~~

Months later, the wedding had finally rolled around. Garnet had a huge grin the entire time, as was expected.

It went perfectly, though it didn't end in fusion like Garnet's had. They preferred to be seperate at most times, due to the rather large size of their fusion and their need to be doing their own tasks.

With any form or fusion that either took, the rings were always there - a silver-white and simple ring was what Volley wore, and Pearl wore a rose gold and heart-marked ring.