Oneshot - Office AU - Bellow Pearl

((A/N: You can read this as human AU or as just gems, I haven't really decided. Anyway, Blue and Yellow both work in a standard office, needing money for various things. Blue is a manager, while Yellow is one of her employees. Enjoy!))

((WARNING! This oneshot contains implied sexual acts. They are not written, but reader discretion is advised!))

Yellow set down the stack of paperwork, sitting down opposite of Blue. Blue looked up from her computer, then turned her chair. "What's all this?"

"It's work for the project. My team sent me to deliver it." Yellow sighed, fighting the urge to lay down on the desk.

"Very good! Thank you." Blue took the papers, then looked up to Yellow, nearly asleep. "Are you alright, Yellow?"

Yellow's eyes shot open, and she faked a smile. "Yeah. All good here."

Blue looked concerned. "You look like you need a nap or some coffee."

"The coffee machine broke." Yellow sighed, and Blue winced.

"You can take a nap here, if you want." Blue offered, zipping around the office on her chair to put away papers.

"N-no. That's alright. I need to get back to work." Yellow started to stand, and Blue called out. "That was an order, Yellow."

Yellow turned back. "Uh, can you do that?"

Blue pointed to the wall, which had a section of the general contract cut out. 'The manager has the power to order minor changes in order to maximize output.' It read.

"You're too tired to do your work. If I send you back now, I argue that that's not maximizing our output." Blue looked up smugly. "So, yes, I can do that."

"But-" Yellow started, and Blue cut her off. 

"Couch. You stay there for at least 15 minutes to rest. That's an order." Blue then rolled back to her computer, typing and email quietly.

Yellow sighed, annoyed, and laid down on the couch.

~~

Yellow opened her eyes, hearing a muffled scream. She looked over, alarmed, to see Blue screaming into a pillow.

"Are... Are you alright?" Yellow asked, causing Blue to throw the pillow into a corner and wipe her eyes. "Just fine."

She then looked at her hands. "Worst fucking day to wear mascara that isn't waterproof." She turned to Yellow. "Excuse the language."

"What's going on? How long have I been out?"

"An hour or two." Blue said, going quiet.

"Are you alright?"

"No." She said sharply, without elaborating.

Yellow got up off the couch, walking over to her boss. "Uhm, I just want to help."

Blue laughed, then said. "You sure about that?"

Yellow nodded. "You helped me."

Blue shook her head. "Yeah, I'm going to regret this later but I don't give a fuck. I need my mind off of it." She then reached up, pulling Yellow in for a kiss. Yellow didn't pull back, having had a small crush on her boss for weeks.

~~

Blue readjusted her tie, returning to her seat. "Sorry about that."

Yellow, having just finished putting her suit's coat back on. "Oh it's fine."

Blue then stood up, passing a small piece of paper to Yellow. "You better not use this to ask for a raise."

With that, she left the office in a hurry. Yellow looked at the clock and realized it was time for her to clock out as well.

When she looked at the piece of paper, she saw a phone number. 

((A/N: Sorry about the short chapter, but here's a scrap I had half-finished for about a week now. Just added a few last things. Not super proud of this one, but here's some office AU! 

I'm still taking suggestions! There are certain ships I will not do due to age issues and the like, such as stevinel, but feel free to ask!~

Anyway, have a great life! <3))