ten

calum took deep breathes as michael's knee bounced up and down anxiously, their hands intertwined.

he had one hand on his stomach as he glanced around the doctor's office, seeing the 3d diagrams of fetuses and pictures of pregnant women and men on posters.

michael kept glancing at calum, slightly nervous. okay, not slightly. more like he felt like his organs were about to crawl out of his ass. he was beyond nervous.

"calum hood?" the nurse called. they both stood up, hands still intertwined, and the nurse led them to a small room with loads of machines and weird things that freaked both boys out.

"okay, the doctor will be right in. just sit tight," the nurse smiled falsely and left the room.

"i'm going to be honest with you, cal. i'm so nervous," michael sat in the visitor's seat and calum sat on the patient's bench.

"me too. i want him or her to be okay," calum looked down at his stomach, which only grew a little bit. it was going to take another month before he started getting bigger.

there was a knocking on the door before it opened fully. a young woman in a lab coat walked in, a bright smile on her face. she had auburn hair with green eyes and pale skin. she looked about mid 30s.

"hi, i'm doctor jenkins," she shook both boys hands. "calum, is it?"

calum nodded and smiled nervously at her.

she looked at michael. "and you're the other dad, am i correct...?"

"michael," he smiled slightly. "yeah, i'm the father."

dr. jenkins nodded and did a regular check up before asking calum to lay down on the bench.

"lift up your shirt please," she said as she took out a gel and a wand looking thing. calum did as he was told.

"this is going to be a little bit cold," she applied the gel to his abdomen. calum flinched at the cold, but held himself together.

"dad, why don't you come here?" dr. jenkins gestured michael to come over.

michael, who had been watching everything closely, stood up and stood by calum.

"okay, now i want you to hold hands because this is a memorable moment," she grinned as they did as they were told. this was her favorite part of her job. "you're about to see your baby for the first time."

michael bit his lip and looked at calum. calum grinned at him and squeezed his hand slightly.

dr. jenkins turned off the lights and put the wand to calum's stomach, moving it around slightly. a thumping noise started resonating in the room.

"what's that?" michael asked quietly, amazed.

"that's your baby's heartbeat," dr. jenkins said, focusing on the monitor.

calum's eyes widened as michael's brimmed with tears.

they were hearing their baby's heartbeat.

"there it is," dr. jenkins pointed to the screen, where a little blob was in a sack of something. "there's it's head and it's body. it's early for it to really start forming but-"

"it's beautiful," calum interrupted her softly. she just smiled at let them have their moment.

michael felt tears stream down his face. "wow. oh my god, t-that's our baby."

he couldn't believe that a month ago, he said he even didn't want this baby. now he can't imagine life without it.

calum stared up at michael is awe. michael's lips were in a small 'o', tears cascading down his porcelain cheeks. his green eyes were fixated on the little blob that was their baby.

that's when calum knew he was falling for michael clifford. the father of his baby.

"would you like pictures?" dr. jenkins asked, not wanting to ruin their moment. michael glanced at her and nodded. "i'd say about three is good. thanks."

she nodded and pushed a few buttons on the machine.

"alright, when you're leaving the office, you can pick them up at the desk. calum, you can clean off that gel," she handed him a paper towel roll, "i've got to go. it was so nice meeting you guys."

she smiled one last warm smile before walking out of the door.

michael helped clean the gel off calum and they stayed in silence, thinking about what just happened.

they got their pictures before climbing into the car and they sat there for a bit.

"we just saw our baby," calum said quietly.

"holy fuck, we're having a baby," micahel stared at the building in front of them.

he turned to calum and grinned really wide.

"WE'RE HAVING A MOTHERFUCKING BABY, CAL!" he yelled and jumped in his seat excitedly. calum laughed and grabbed his hands.

"I KNOW! THIS IS AMAZING!" they both laughed and then stopped, looking at each other.

"i'm glad it's you that i'm having a baby with," calum said, smiling.

"i was just about to say that," michael giggled.

"then maybe it was meant to be."

+

THIS WAS EMOTIONAL HELP

im done shoot me bye

-m