epilogue

dear david,

there is a reason i haven't written a return address or a name on the envelope that contained this letter. you are to find out who this is at the end.

things haven't been the same since we've last talked. i've dropped out of school, moved in with the love of my life, and i've had a son. his name is spencer, he is a month old, and he is perfect in every way possible.

i am writing you this letter simply because i don't want to speak to you anymore. i know that doesn't make sense, but i wanted to inform you about where i am and what i'm doing, just in case you were worried. but i don't think you ever were.

it's been ten months since we've spoken last. i heard that you resigned from head surgeon at the hospital and now work regular hours. why couldn't you do that when i was around?

actually, i'm thankful that you didn't do that when i was around. some of the best things in my life would never have happened to me if you did.

his name is michael, the love of my life. he is beautiful and kind and an amazing father. the baby has his eyes and my nose. he giggles just like joy did, though. all bubbly and happy. i'm glad he does. he needs some part of her in him.

i would say i've missed you, but, in all honesty, i didn't. i never knew what your presence in my life felt like, with you being busy working all the time, so i had nothing to miss. nothing to hold onto.

i've been accepted into julliard, you know, the very famous performing arts school in america. i got a full-ride scholarship. they've been watching me act for the past four years, and even when i dropped out of high school and did online schooling, they still wanted me there.

i've also decided not to attend. i want to really focus on taking care of spencer and michael. i was accepted into the university of sydney, full-ride as well, for academics. apparently, my grades were extremely impressive for the fact that i acted all of high school and managed to keep them perfect. michael will be attending there also and will be working part time.

i hope that you've enjoyed this letter. it's the lest time you're ever going to hear from me again.

there is a picture of spencer taped on the inside of the envelope. that's the only picture you'll have of your grandson (i shouldn't even let you call him that).

your disowned son,

calum hood

+

the end.

thank you note is next.

oh and its my birthday bye.

-m