six

RUEL

i can't believe i just did that.

i just gave a girl my phone number. and i think she actually wanted it?

damn, when my sisters find out i'm finally talking to someone, they'll flip. they've been trying to set me up on "dates" for a while now.

they always say i need more quality time to socialize, since tour and my music career has taken away from any possible chances of having a normal teenage life.

sometimes i wish i could go back. but on the other hand, i'd never want to give up all the blessings my job has brought me.

at least kate doesn't know yet.

i don't know when i'd tell her... tell her that she's met a "famous singer".

well, i'll figure that out later. maybe she won't even talk to me again.

i wonder if she likes me.

realizing i had only planned to go the beach for a few hours, i notice the sun setting.

shit. my mom isn't going to be happy about that. she worries about me. but honestly... i don't blame her.

i gather up all my belongings and make the trek back home. it's not far, yet i find my body sore once i step up onto the porch of my house.

once i dig out the keys from the bottom of my bag, i unlock the front door and swing it wide open.

"where were you, mister?" i hear my mother question. "i've been texting and calling you for the past 5 minutes! i thought something happened to you! you could have drowned or something!" my mother's tone quickly escalates.

ironic. it's almost like she knows. but she won't know for sure, since i'm not telling her about my almost death at the beach. not now.

i give my mom a quick hug as i walk through the door, reassuring her that i just feel asleep on the sand.

she gave me "the look".

"don't let this happen again, rueloff," she adds.

damn. she really used the full name.

i give my mom another quick hug and walk up the stairs to my room.

"soooo... what actually were you doing," i hear my sister coco say once i flop on my bed.

i look up and see her leaning against the entry of my room.

"shut up, coco." i roll my eyes.

"seems like someone avoided my question," she tells me, "and nice shirt," she adds with a laugh. with that, she walks out and leaves me with my thoughts.

i forgot i was still wearing the shirt kate gave me earlier today. it was a size to small and that's probably why coco noticed. i take it off and fold it up nicely.

i wonder when kate will text me. maybe she won't. maybe she hates me. maybe she thinks i'm a dick.

i decide to take a shower to take my mind off everything that happened within the past hours.

—————

i've been laying around my room for a while. i took a shower, ate dinner, and still hadn't gotten any messages from Kate. i'm starting to loose hope.

but then again, maybe she's just busy. or she forgot my number.

well, there's no use in overthinking. i'm tired and i should go to sleep.

i get under the covers of my bed, place my phone down on the other side, and close my eyes.

New Imessage: kate ~ you up?

————————————

sorry for the delay, longer and better chapters are coming next. thanks for reading!

also, "shut up coco" is one of my favorite quotes from ruel, just felt i needed to say that lol