ten

RUEL

we text a lot. like a lot.

come to think of it, it's probably because it's so easy to hold a conversation with kate.

sometimes her and i meet up and do something together in person, but most of the time we just crack jokes over text.

kate told me that she would be m.i.a. for while since school was starting soon, and since she still had to complete all her summer homework.

don't get me wrong, i respected that she wanted to start the school year off right, but it got boring not being able to talk to her 24/7.

luckily, yesterday i managed to sneak out of the house again to meet up with kate right before summer came to an end.

hopefully we get to do more of that. it's fun.

—————

today, monday, is kate's first day of senior year.

mondays are always said to be the worst days of the week.

not that i have to wake up early to go to school like most teens my age, but just because the rest of the world makes it out to be so awful.

i guess i'm not like the rest of the world, since for me mondays are like any other day.

i toss my legs over my messy bed and climb out to start my morning.

the ambiance of being at the beach with kate late at night still reminisces in my brain and the rest of my body.

quickly, i take a shower and head downstairs for some breakfast. i can tell the rest of my family is already in the kitchen eating because i'm the last one to get up.

i don't even make it all the way down the stairs before i hear my mother's voice.

"slept in, huh. tired? maybe you had too much fun last night?"

oh shit? did she hear me sneak out yesterday?

the only person who may have heard would have been coco but...

i turn my head to where coco is sitting and send my sister a quick death glare.

as if she could read my mind, coco perks up and says to me, "i didn't tell anyone! i don't know how she knows!"

coco throws her hands up above her shoulders as to motion she is innocent, while the rest of my family sits around the kitchen looking at me blankly.

"like i couldn't tell, ruel," mom states with a motherly smile, facing me. "i've got every sound of the floorboards memorized. i can tell which ones sound like a six foot four boy trying to sneak out of the house".

i notice coco try to hold in a laugh. it's true though, sneaking out isn't easy.

"but i forgive you, ruel. as long as you admit you go out, then it's fine by me. just no sneaking around without letting me know about it after." my mother then pauses for a moment, her smile fading the slightest bit.

she walks a few steps towards me and pulls me into a hug. "i'm just trying to look out for you, with everything you do... you know what i mean."

and i do know what she means. she means with my career: aka being famous.

"i get it," i reply, breaking away from my mom's embrace. "but can i eat now? i'm starving."

—————

iMessage Delivered

me ~ do you really have fun learning?

—————————

hey everyone. i feel bad... this chapter is really short and not too exciting. BUT.... i promise the next few chapters get better and also longer. hope it's not a problem! i love all of you and thank you for reading. i cant believe we've surpassed 570 reads!

look forward to some plot twists coming soon!