seven

KATE

ugh. meg.

i've really come to dispise her. we used to be best friends just a few months ago, but ever since school let out for summer break, she's really gotten on my nerves.

and for good reasons.

"where the fuck have you been?"

meg's voice isn't exactly friendly.

i try and ignore her. "um, just walking."

"no. you hate walking. you always refuse to walk with me," she pauses, then continues. "you've been gone for hours. you couldn't have been 'just walking'," meg mocks me.

i roll my eyes as meg gives me a disappointed look. her hands are glued to her curvy hips and her eyebrows raised.

i have better things to do than care about explaining myself to meg.

"it's whatever. maybe i felt like walking today," i finally say, trying to collect my scattered my belongings.

i just want to go home and...

"no, kate. it's not 'whatever'. it's more than that," she interrupts.

meg is now directly in front of me, blocking me from picking up my final bag. she's stares me in the eyes.

"you've been such a bitch to me lately, what's with that?" she questions.

excuse me? she accused me of being a bitch?!

i try and control my thoughts, but i just can't keep them bottled up any more.

they need to drown.

like meg and i's friendship.

but before i get to spill out my emotions, meg stops me.

she gets closer to my face, points out her finger and shoves it against my shoulder.

"you know what, you're not a bitch," she says, waiting for a response.

i won't give her any.

"your a dick!" she shouts.

thankfully no one else is around us at the beach to hear us.

"excuse me!?" i shout back, swatting her finger aside.

"you are what you eat" she causally explains.

once i understand what she's hinting at, i'm fumming.

"IM SORRY?! YOU KNOW I DIDN'T PARTICULARLY HAVE A CHOICE, MEG! DON'T YOU GET THAT? HE FORCED ME TO! AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT WAS MY FAULT!" i scream at her.

i cant believe i'm bringing this conversation up again. meg is well aware of what happened last year. so much so, that she had to tell everyone she knew about it.

i should have never trusted her.

meg looks at me with a straight face.

"slut", she whispers.

she knows. she knows that bringing up him would get on my nerves.

and i'm done.

"don't ever talk to me again," i say, stepping around meg and walking up the shore. i don't even give her any time to react, and after five steps i begin sprinting up the sand and running back to my house.

it doesn't take long before i feel the salty air sting at my eyes. a mixture of emotions overcome me and i try not to cry.

but i can't help it.

once i'm home, i run up the stairs to my room. i'm the only one home since my parents left for a business dinner meeting and wouldn't be back until late tonight.

—————

later that night, i finally get to unpacking everything i brought from the beach. i go through my bag, spilling its contents out on the floor. a bunch of sand falls out too, and i remind myself to clean it up later.

I search through the pile of miscellaneous items, and move around the room putting everything away.

but something's missing. i still can't seem to find the extra shirt i brought with me in case my other one got wet.

"where could it... oh," i realize.

i gave my other shirt to ruel earlier today. do I ask for it back... or is that weird?

i mean, i do have his number...

i remember back to when ruel told me his number, hoping i'd remember it correctly.

sitting on floor in the middle of my bedroom, i turn on my phone and stare the daunting keypad.

"just text him. it'll be fine," i try to reassure myself.

i hesitate as the words "just text him" echo in my head.

fuck it. be spontaneous.

i type in the number (that i hope is correct) and write out a message.

now all i have to do is wait.

New iMessage:

Delivered: you up?

————————————————

gave y'all a longer chapter this time!

i'm planning on updating once a week. trying my best to stay on a schedule :)

also... thanks for 200 reads! i love you all.