twenty one

KATE

the rest of the night we just talked and talked and talked. conversation came so easy with ruel, and i never felt judged around him.

oh and of course we kissed more, but you could've probably assumed that.

after ruel put on some music for us, he and i were resting on the couch in the studio, leaning against each other.

not to sound cliche, but it was like i fit perfectly against him; my head was placed besides ruel's shoulder, and his arm wrapped around my own.

i wouldn't say i'm at all too short, but being next to ruel threw away all the proportions. i looked tiny as i snuggled closer to him.

however, the universe wasn't on our side.

ruel's family was coming home soon, and he didn't want to be yelled at for bringing over a girl, even if the two of us didn't do anything more than cuddle and kiss.

i mean, i wouldn't have complained if we had done more, but we both seemed to be on the same page of not rushing into things.

with one last kiss, we shared our goodbyes, and ruel told me he'd text me tomorrow.

—————

New iMessage:

ruel ~ good morning, mini mozart

i lazily turn on my phone to see why it buzzed. even though it's 10 in the morning, my eyes still feel heavy from last night's sleep.

ever since i showed ruel how well i could play the piano, he's called me mini mozart, and i guess i can look forward to good morning/ good night texts alongside that nickname.

me ~ how are you up already? it's only 10am

ruel ~ do you know how many 4am flights i've had to take within the past year? hint: way to many. i'm used to being up early

me ~ damn, i need to get on your level

ruel ~ honestly, im not sure if that's possible

me ~ are you challenging me? because i could totally one-up you if i tried

ruel ~ ok, to prove yourself to me, i challenge you to get ready to go out shopping with me in 10 minutes

me ~ you know that's not physically possible, right. i haven't even gotten out of bed yet. or eaten anything!

ruel ~ don't worry abt all that. we can grab lunch if you want too.

me ~ this sounds a lot like a date you're asking me on...

ruel ~ maybe it is, but a magician never reveals their tricks ;)

me ~ i will never understand you, silly

ruel ~ chop chop! times ticking! only 9 minutes left now

me ~ oh jeez

it seems like whenever i plan to meet ruel i'm rushing at lightning speed to get ready.

quickly, i get changed, brush my teeth (but not my hair, lol i had too), put on basically no makeup, and pack a little purse with all the necessities.

i'm not really sure what ruel and i are doing, but he mentioned shopping and some lunch, so i'm assuming it's nothing fancy; i'm wearing some comfy loose jeans, a cropped t-shirt, and some tennis shoes.

ruel ~ 3 minutes. i'm almost at your house

me ~ i'm just about done. and stop texting while driving!

i check my appearance before i walk down stairs to tell my mom i'm heading out. she's surprised i'm up already, but tells me to have fun anyways.

while heading out the front door, i see ruel pull up in my driveway, a smile on his face. i can't help but smile too.

something about getting ready to go out with ruel makes my heart skip a beat.

"did you really think i couldn't do it?" i playfully ask ruel as he steps out of the car.

he smiles even wider and scans my outfit. "you look good."

"oh stop being such a flirt," i reply as ruel opens the passenger door for me to get in the car. what a gentleman.

"i had no doubt you could do it, i just was impatient and wanted to see you," ruel answers.

after a moment, he turns on the car and we head to a local shopping center. at first the silence between us feels tense, almost suffocating, but i remind myself that it's just ruel, and then silence feels comforting.

only because i'm curious, i ask ruel why he wanted me to going shopping with him.

"because," ruel replies. "it may look like i have all my instagram and tour outfits effortlessly planned out, but in reality i'm constantly searching for clothes that look good, let alone fit me."

i let out a small laugh. "lucky for you, i'm into fashion. i bet i can find you at least two instagram worthy outfits today, my promise."

ruel looks at me for quick moment. "we'll see..."

after that, ruel hands me his car's aux cord so we can play whatever music we'd like.

"you know, you've just given me possibly the most powerful thing in the universe, my guy," i tell ruel.

"what's that sup—," ruel starts, but he's cut off when music fades his words at full volume.

to see what his reaction would be, i chose to put on a ruel-related playlist on spotify and picked the first song listed: face to face.

"of course you chose one of my songs," ruel laughs loudly over the music once i turn it down a bit.

"why would i want to listen to anything else", i reply, singing the lyrics to the song i familiarized myself with last night.

before i could say anything else, a turn my head slightly and see ruel singing along with me too.

———————-

ek sorry about the late upload. i've definitely been lagging on my writing game :( please somone give me ideas for the story or lmk if i should end it soon or not okay thanks