DAY DREAM💭

"Isn't that great news?!"

I know Mrs. Campbell means well, but she always wanna be putting me in places I don't seem to give a fuck bout.

"Uhh yes?!" I said uncertainly

"Amiyah I know change bothers you. I also know about your family problems. Going to a school like Lexington Academy will increase your chances of going to a GOOD school. Plus students who attend Lexington are exposed to more scholarships. "

What made me upset was how true it was. Brooklyn Heights isn't a school that will give me more opportunities. Lexington will. Despite what I've heard about that school, I guess I can put aside my pride and play nice with a bunch of rich white folk for 2 years.

"What do you say?"

"Yea I'll go"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today has been a long day for no reason. Maybe it's because I couldn't stop thinking about life at Lexington. How do you go from going to a school like Brooklyn Heights to the most prestigious school in the state?

"I see your back early!

" Well, you didn't really think I would rely on you to come to pick me up on time did you?"

" I'm glad you learned your lesson", he said smirkingly.

" Eli, Where's mom?"

"Oh she said she was working night shift"

"Oh"

I wanted to tell her about Lexington Acadamy. I'm a bit nervous to tell her because Lexington Academy is an hour away and that would mean I would have to stay with my dad because he lives closer to Lexington Academy.

I didn't want to do this without my mom. She's been there for me through every difficult decision. I want her here for this. I decided to tell her the news tomorrow morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was the day I was gonna tell my mom about Lexington Academy. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited when Mrs. Campbell told me about transferring there. Brooklyn Heights wouldn't give me the same opportunities there. I would get more scholarships at Lexington, and overall I would be taken seriously. Most people think that students who go to BH are lazy and dumb as fuck. Which is true. People who go to BH are dumb as hell. I didn't want to fall under that stereotype which is why I worked twice as hard at that school.

When I got downstairs I saw my mom washing the dishes.

"Morning Ma" I smiled.

"Good Morning Miyah" she smiled back.

"Mom, I wanted to tell you something last night, but Eli told me you were working".

" Yea I took night shift last night. What did you have tell me?"

"Uh... my counselor, Mrs.Campbell, said that she thinks it would be good for me to transfer to Lexington Academy." I said

"Lexington Academy!" She yelled

"Yes"

"Do you know how much money it cost to go to a school like that? I've been working double and late shifts, but that's not gonna be enough to send you to Lexington".

"My grades can get me a full ride there for two years"

" I don't know Amiyah.,... it's an hour away from here. I can't drive you an hour away and then drive to go to work.

"I know. That's why I was hoping I could possibly live with dad during this time".

My mom was quiet for the longest time. My feet were feeling weak. I was hoping she would say something. Anything. I know I was asking too much of her.

"Are you sure about this?"

"What?"

"Are you sure you want to attend Lexington Academy?"

"Yes."

There it was again. The long silence.

"Okay... I'll talk to your father"