SWEET DREAMS 💭

"Over there is the basketball court," he said nonchalantly.

"Woahhhh basketball court?!!

"Yea, I mean I play and your dad does too. So I don't think it's that surprising that we have one"

Sometimes I think Leo forgets that I'm not rich like him. I don't blame him because since he was young he's been surrounded by money. Even his biological father, he comes from money. His biological dad still pays child support for Leo. He's a very privileged child whereas, for me and Elias, our dad has money, but we're not privileged.

"Back at home guys and girls would play ball at Northwood, they would play til it was pitch black outside."

"That's crazy. You ever stayed that late out there?"

"Yea, but I never played ball. I was always there because either Elias would  be there or I was watching my friend Tray play."

I was overwhelmed with memories of Tray and Northwood Park. Good memories. Every time I talk about home, my heartaches.  We continued the tour around the house.

"Here's the kitchen. The most important place in the house. I know this place is huge, but if you remember anything from this tour, remember the kitchen.

"Okay sounds good" I chuckled.

"I'm going have to put a pause on our tour right now cause I'm hungry."

"What you bout to eat?"

"Cereal. Here take a picture with the bowl and spoon in my hand." He said handing me his phone.

"What? Why?" I asked.

" I like taking pictures that people wouldn't normally take. It makes the picture better".

I took a couple of snaps on his phone. He's right about making the picture better. It's weird, yet natural.

"I can't believe you eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch at 9 pm"

"I love cereal I eat that shit almost every day."

" I thought y'all had a private chef that makes escargot and salmon with small leaves at the top"

"What?!" He chuckled.

"I mean..... look at all of this," I said gesturing the entire kitchen.

" Nah, we don't have a private chef. My mom usually does the cooking around here. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She wanted to go to culinary school after high school, but when she found out she was pregnant with me, her plans changed."

"I didn't know she had a passion for cooking. You think she would ever go back to culinary school?" I asked.

" I don't know. Maybe. Right now her top priority is Mena"
I never heard Larsa's story. I never knew she had dreams or aspirations of her own. I thought all she wanted a rich husband. Ever since I was old enough to understand this situation. I always thought Larsa was a gold digger. I mean Leo's dad had money and the fact that my dad has money and she swoops in and marries him just seemed off-putting to me. "She's gonna leave him in a month, then a year, then two years" that was always the plan. A month soon turned into 7 years. Eventually, the thoughts of her being a gold digger left my mind. If she is, then someone needs to move Meryl Streep the fuck over and make space for Larsa because that would be the best performance made by a new actress.

"Well, I think we should stop here for tonight, we should both get some sleep for school tomorrow." He yawned.

"Yea, you're right"

"Alright goodnight. Oh before I go do you need help getting back to your room? Or you remembered?" He smiled.

"Nah it's fine I got it. Goodnight"

I wished I asked him about Lexington Academy. I mean I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I have never been a new girl so this was a new feeling for me. I needed the truth. I needed reassurance. I needed something that would help me prepare for tomorrow. I guess the only way to do that is going to sleep and hope for the best. I really hope I can make it through. I really hope.
———————————————————————————