DREAM ON💭

Last week was tough. I sent my transcript and all of my papers to the academy. I spent my last days with my friends. Today is a new start. Today I'm leaving. It's been a while since I lived with my dad. I know it's going to be weird. Him with his new family. Though they had been separated when I was in the seventh grade, their divorce wasn't officially until I was a freshman. Since then he has a wife with two kids. One is a boy, his name Leo. Leo is 17. He's from Larsa's previous relationship. She had Leo when she was 20. The other is a girl, her name Mena. She just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. From what I see their family dynamic is very unproblematic. They live in a wealthy neighborhood unlike us, who live in a rundown two-bedroom apartment.

"Amiyah!  Your father's here". My mom screamed

"Coming!".

As I sprinted down the stairs there he was. A tall, dark figure stood out. There he was. The man who left me and Elias out in the dirt to live a new and improved life. A life without us. I always thought that he was ashamed of us. Leaving your hood-rat kids for a bougie ass lifestyle. So no, I don't owe that man a damn thing. He owes us everything. If that means getting the opportunity to expand my horizons, then so be it.

"There she is! You ready?!

"Yep."

" I'll be waiting for you in the car"

"Okay"
I wanted some time alone with my mom before I left.   I know that this isn't gonna be easy for her. Me living with my dad after everything he's done to her.

"Mom..."

"No, I'll be fine," she whispered.

"I told him I'm coming on the weekends and the  holidays"

"How did I get so blessed to have a daughter like you?" She cried.

"I love you"

" I love you Miyah"

She pulled me in close for her tight, warm hugs like she always does. My mom has always been there for me. I rely on her for everything. Now I'm off to live with my dad and his new family.

As I walked through the door and headed towards my dad's car, everything hit me. I left my friends, my family, everything for a rich ass, preppy ass school. All I knew was there was no turning back. I sacrificed everything and there's no way I'm letting anybody fuck it up.