HOOP DREAMS💭

Evan's POV

Beep, beep, beep

My loud ass phone went off. After I hit the snooze I still hear ringing in my ears. I think I drank a little too much at Eric's house.

"Evan! You know what time it is. Basketball practice starts at 7 this morning!" my mom yelled.

"I know!" I yelled back at her.

I got up from bed and walked to my bathroom.  I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and started brushing. While I was brushing my teeth I got a FaceTime call from my sister.

I answered.

"Hi Evan!" She screamed.

"Hey Lynn! What's up?" I used the same tone she had.

"I made it on my junior varsity soccer team!"  She smiled.

"Ay that's great! See I knew you would make it"

"Evan, when are you coming to visit? I haven't seen you since last summer." 

My mom and dad are divorced.  Long story short, my mom cheated on my dad and now he and my sister live in North Carolina. I was gonna live with them, but because of everything at school— basketball, my friends, not to mention she's the headmaster, everything would've been hard, not just on me, but on her as well. I told my friends that my dad is on a long work trip and my sister is in boarding school to prevent any further questions. The only person that knows the truth is Leo.

"I know. Don't worry I'll make time to see you"

"Okay, dad misses you" She beamed.

"Marilynn, who are you talking to?" A deep voice chimed in.

"Hey Dad." I chuckled.

"Evan, how's it going?" He chuckled.

"Good. Man what are they feeding you over in North Carolina? I laughed.

He saw what I was taking about and grabbed his belly.

"Oh this?" He chuckled.

"I mean Marilynn always said she wanted a baby sister, I see you in the process of making that happen" I laughed.

"Jasmine's been cooking lately" Marilynn smiled.

Jasmine is my dad's girlfriend. Jasmine is a black women. I met her for the first time two years ago. I was nervous, the moment I heard he had a new girlfriend, I knew the chances of him getting back with mom were slim. I was also nervous because I was thinking what if I wasn't what she expected. All sorts of dumb ass shit. When I saw her I was shocked. She was so beautiful—like Victoria secret model. Once I got to know her she was very cool. She liked basketball, which was something we would often talk about whenever I visited. When I told my mom about her she seemed upset. I don't know if she was upset that dad got a new girlfriend or if it was because she was black.

"How is Jasmine by the way?"

"She's good. She just left for work she had the morning shift at the hospital"

"She's out there saving lives while you stuff your self with food.

"I know right I love my life" he chuckled.