Not who they thought 14

Chapter 14

Gabriel POV:

I knew I screwed up again, I knew it the moment that Brittany clutched onto me. Hell I didn’t even wanted her to touch me. Since Cassie came back I couldn’t even look at another girl anymore. I wanted her so much but I know that I can’t push her. All I could do was showing her who I really was. Who I had become in her absence.

The only thing I really wanted was this girl, the girl who made me a better man. The one that would stand beside me, being my alpha female. She was everything I wanted and even more. I wanted to be her light in the dark. However I knew that I royally screwed up and I didn’t even know how to approach her.

Then there was the thing about her being higher than an alpha. I had to admit that the power she had poured out of her veins. Only by looking at her you could see that she was no longer that happy girl that I knew years ago and I was afraid that it was my fault.

By seeing her pack around her you could see the respect they had for her. The looked at her as if she was the most precious thing and the world. But at the same time they acted a certain way that made my hears stand up. She respected the fact that Roman was there alpha and that she belonged to their pack but you could see that Roman would do exactly what she told them to do.

Every single one of her pack acted as if she was a queen. I would say. Like a good queen obviously one that respected the one under her but showed authority when needed.

Still deeply in thought I walked upstairs to my bedroom. The party was obviously over. While passing her room I halted for a second, listening to her soft breathing. I could tell that she wasn’t sleeping very well and felt tempted to go inside to hold her. The thought of sleeping next to her only made me more miserable than anything else seeing as I screwed up that chance two years ago. I didn’t even know why I rejected her, but I could tell now that it was the most stupid thing I ever did and I did many stupid things.

I walked into my room and was instantly surprised by the sight; Brittany was lying on my bed as if she owned the place. I had to admit that I had quite a bit of fun with her but she could never stand up to the standards of Cassandra. She would never have the aura of kindness and love that hung around her. She could never even look as good as Cassandra who looked absolutely gorgeous, graceful, sexy and I think that I could continue with my list for a long time.

Brittany on the other hand looked like a cheap slut; she was dressed in a tight red dress that clung onto her body making her look slutty. She didn’t have the natural beauty which graced Cassie. I couldn’t help but shudder in disgust looking at her.

She sat there pouting as if she thought that she actually was sexy, it only made her look like a hooker. While I stood completely still in the opening of my bedroom she walked over to me swaying her hips abusively still trying the sexy look but miserably failing. She came and stand before and placed her hands on me. I took it as my cue to push her away seeing as her hands on me completely disgusted me.

“Brittany, we have to talk. It’s really important.” I said in a soothing voice knowing what was going to come.

“Mmh I know what you want, handsome. You want me to take care of you don’t you?” she said while purring overly as if her life depended on her. I watched her as she strolled to the bed and climbed onto it.

“No, Brittany it isn’t that. We have to talk about something much more important. You can’t come in my room again. I have a mate and even if she doesn’t want me I won’t disrespect her or abandon my quest in claiming her heart. You also have to stop saying that you’re an alpha female because you aren’t and never will at least not of this pack. Do you understand?”