Not who they thought 15

Chapter 15

Cassandra POV

The next morning when I woke up I felt different. Like something was going to happen. What remained a mystery but I had the feeling that it wouldn’t be good.

While walking down I remembered why I rarely told somebody what was happening and what would happen seeing as every single member from de redclanpack was gaping at me as if I was an alien. I walked in the kitchen seeing a sight that I didn’t mind seeing every day. A yummy alpha that was cooking. I had to admit that he looked absolutely hot in those sweatpants and wife beater. He should wear them every single day. Maybe he should just lose the wife beater, so that I could see those abs. Hell why was I even thinking like that. Stupid, stupid thinking.

He turned around smiling at me which for an unknown reason made me blush and feel guilty for checking him out. He watched me carefully; he must be asking himself why I’m blushing.

“Uhm, good morning” I say still slightly embarrassed.

“Morning, Cassie. How did you sleep?” I’m cooking bacon and pancakes if you want some.” I can’t stop feeling slightly aroused by hearing his husky voice.

“Oh, awesome I’m kind of really hungry.” My stomach grumbled just at that moment proving my point. I started laughing and patted my stomach.

“I think my stomach wanted to prove the point that I’m hungry.”

I settled myself at the breakfast bar at the opposite of Gabriel. The room felt suddenly too small with both of us alone in it.

I tried to find an easy subject but it was much harder to think with him around me. Why couldn’t I think actually yeah I know that he’s my freaking mate but hell he rejected me? I had to be at least a little bit stronger than that, no? Urhg, should have stayed in the warmth of my bed.

“What are you going to do today,” he asked breaking the uncomfortable silence and it was an easy questions. I looked up at him seeing that he went back to cooking and watched as he moved gracefully around the kitchen.

I was completely lost in my thoughts when I heard him clears his throat. I blushed again. What did he ask again; ah yes what I was going to do? What was I going to do?

“I was thinking about going to my parents in the afternoon, seeing as it’s a long time ago that I did spend time with them. I’ll probably take Aiden with me.” yeah now I thought about it they had said to come and visit them and it would be good for Aiden to spend time with his grandparents. Luckily I had Grace that helped me raise Aiden because even if I loved my pup to bits I still had my responsibility as pack warrior and then there was that damn prophecy. I sighed to myself.

“That’s a great idea, they really missed you. I missed you too you know.” I looked up at Gabriel and didn’t quite know what to say. I didn’t even know if he was really honest or not. Should I trust what he says or not, he did after all betray me.

“Look Gabriel you can’t say that you missed me when you goddamn well know why I run away.” I watch him with narrowed eyes and continued in a whisper, “I had to leave. I had to abandon everything because I couldn’t stand seeing you with someone else, nor could I support the disgusted face you had when you realized that I was your mate.”

With that being said I stood up from my stool and walked out of the kitchen. I casted a last look at him and saw his face, he looked honestly hurt. He even looked mad.

I decided to go see if my pup was up but when I arrived at his room I heard talking. Walking silently closer to the door, I tried to listen in.

I heard him talking to Kyle. They were laughing loudly. I felt warm inside because even if I didn’t forgave Kyle completely it was still important that he connected with Aiden.